Chapter Seventeen

A/N;
This is mostly a filler
It just talks about what's happening with people other than Harry & Draco before the wedding.

Enjoy. X

——————•

Astoria Greengrass evidently knew Draco was in love with Harry Potter. She saw it in the way he spoke about him, in the photos that were published in the Daily Prophet and Wizarding Weekly and how sad he was when at Narcissa Malfoy's home. But what she didn't know was she would receive an invite to his wedding to the Savior of the Wizarding World. When she received the letter, the envelope a crisp white color that had "Astoria Greengrass" written in elegant scroll across the middle, she hadn't a clue what it was. It hadn't even held the address of who sent it but once she opened it it clicked in her mind. When opening it up, she saw a piece of white parchment with text that stated the following;

Harry James Potter & Draco Malfoy would like to formally invite you to their wedding
taking place on the 18th of December at
three P.M sharp.

It'll be held in the London Park where guests
will be greeted with hot chocolate as
they are brought to their seats.

The couple hopes to see you there.

Astoria read it a few times, a bit taken aback that Draco had invited her to his wedding, but nevertheless flattered he had thought of her. She had informed Daphne that she would be gone for a few days, not giving exact details as to where she would be heading, and had packed some clothing, her favorite books, and on her way to London picked up a wedding present for the couple. Not knowing Potter or what he liked, she had gone for a beautiful set of antique glassware that she knew Draco would adore. Astoria knew her way around muggle stores as even though her family had believed muggles weren't anything but annoyance in the form of people, in a way of putting it nicely, she hadn't shared the same pure-blood beliefs her family had held for so long.

Walking around London, she enjoyed the scenes. Cars driving by, windows of shops decorated for the holidays, the large landmarks that brought many people from different areas of the world in to view. She enjoyed it all. Once she had completed her shopping, she found the location of the Ministry Of Magic by floo. Draco had told her all about his career as Head Healer and how Potter was Head Auror and she was ever so intrigued to see just how those jobs worked. She hadn't planned on working at the Ministry but was curious on how it worked. As she wandered the Ministry, greeting people as she passed, she soon found where the office of Healers sat.

Excited, she made her way through hallways and entrances and soon found herself standing in front of the door of Draco Malfoy's office. Noticing movement, Astoria smiled, raising her hand to knock on the door. Several moments went by before the door opening, a slender but muscular figure standing in the doorway.

"Draco!" She greeted.

Draco smiled at her. "Astoria." He said, gesturing for her to enter his office. She did so, hands clasped in front of her as she turned to look at him. "What are you doing here?"

"I got your invitation." She replied.

Draco nodded, smiling at her. "It was late, I know. A bit of short notice. Had I known sooner, you would've gotten it sooner as well."

Astoria waved a hand in dismissal. "It's all right. Our families aren't exactly on fantastic terms."

Both the Greengrass and Malfoy families held the same pure-blood beliefs, but after the war and the information of Draco's sexuality had risen the Greengrass family had no contact with the Malfoys. They held the same belief Lucius Malfoy held; love is between man and woman only. But alas, Astoria did not have such belief nor did Daphne.