Chapter Nine

"As much as I hate you, Granger, you know how to hold a proper intelligent conversation."

Later in the afternoon, after Hermione had bombarded him with all possibilities in the world, Draco finally informed Blaise he'd be out for the rest of the day and headed to the flat where a very aggravated, shaken and confused Harry Potter laid strewn over the sofa. His jet black hair fell in slight curls on his head, jawline more obvious as he sat with his jaw clenched, staring off into the fireplace as he laid quiet. Draco quietly removed his shoes, and robes, before he made a light knocking sound on the door to grab Harry's attention.

And it did.

The man jumped, sitting up from where he was on the sofa and looking over at Draco, a heavy huff of air coming past his lips as he realised it was just the blond.

"Are you alright?" Draco asked, walking towards the other side of their living area by the fireplace, Harry watching as he moved ever-so elegant and freely. He nodded. "Do you.. I don't know, I mean.. do you want to talk about it?"

Harry sighed. "We had this discussion, Malfoy."

"I'm sorry."

Harry's eyebrows furrowed. "For what?"

"For not going with you. For not making sure that those idiotic guards in Azkaban protected you."

Harry shrugged, avoiding eye contact. "It's.." Harry took in a breath, shaking his head. "No, you know what, it isn't okay. None of this is okay," He said, looking up at Draco. "I can't be near anyone. At all. I'm afraid," Harry sighed heavily, frowning. "I just.." He couldn't express how he felt,  so hurt and defeated and violated. "I've got to speak at his trial next week, Malfoy. I have to stand near him. Beside him."

"Then testify."

"What?"

"Testify." Draco repeated. "Tell them, the minister, the judge, the jury. Tell them what he did. If he isn't going to get life in Azkaban now, he certainly will if you tell what happened."

Harry shook his head, hands coming up to hide his face. "No, I can't." He whispered. "I can't do that."

"Harry," He sighed. "I'm trying to comfort you in some way. I can't.. hold you.. and, that's okay. It's just.. I still think you should go to get checked out. It just happened, Harry. If they,"

"No!" Harry yelled. "How many times do I have to repeat myself?! It's like I'm talking to a child that won't stop messing with things."

"Excuse me, Potter, but I'm merely trying to help. If you want to bitch about that, go on ahead. But I shall not stand here and listen to you demean me. I know you hurt, in more ways than one, and I know you're afraid. That doesn't give you the unspoken right to yell at someone, not only someone but your fiancé, because of it. Now if you'll please excuse me, Potter, I'm heading off."

Draco sauntered, or stomped, out of the living room, out the door and apparated away to the Ministry. Harry sat with his mouth opening and closing slightly as he ran over Draco's small outburst in his head. He soon closed his eyes tightly, feeling awful for yelling at Draco such a way. But quickly, he opened his eyes and looked around the room, the feeling of his heart rate quickening anytime he was alone made him worry someone was there. That he was there, lurking somewhere, waiting to hurt Harry.