Chapter Two

Monday September 19th. 3:30 pm.

With the sixth coffee in his hand and a cigarette in between his lips, Gavin Reed was lost in thought. Denise already has been let out of school and is now with her grandmother, but Gavin felt odd today. Not the normal level of odd where Conan will willing go and lick blood.

"Detective Reed." Speak of the devil. "We just got a case, sniper on a rooftop and such."

Gavin flinched and was in a rush to put his cancer stick out. "Yeah, yeah. I'm coming." He downed his now luke warm black coffee and tossed the empty cup away. The detective made a bee line to Conan's side.

"What did I say about calling me that when we're alone?" He whisper shouted.

"Well,I'm sorry that I do a better job at remaining in character! I'm doing this every time we're here. So suck it up buttercup." Conan sighed as he walked passed Gavin back to his terminal.

Gavin sighed, he hated putting up this act. But it was all they could do. Either that, or lose someone that impacted his life.

He remembers it like it was yesterday, the meeting of Conan. It wasn't the best first impression he's made, but the Android seemed to look past that. Elijah only made Conan out of spite since Gavin hated androids then. Now his opinion changed and he's dating one.

The detective wanted to take it a step further, but no one would wed him to an Android and keep it a secret. That's why he kept the ring hidden in a drawer in his desk, not even Conan would dare to look through the clutter of old empty coffee cups and five hour energy drinks with food wrappers on top.

While walking in, he went back to his normal scowl, the eyebrows furrowed and lips pulled into what looked like a prominent frown.

He went to his desk and saw his case, a gunner at a local restaurant, holding hostages.

This was becoming a pattern in cases, holding hostages and then trying to use them to get what the holder wants.

"Co-."

"Already here, Detective." Conan sounded more android like than ever.

Gavin despised it but went along with the act.

"Let's go Tin Can."