Chapter Three

Monday September 19th. 8:30 pm.

There sat the detective on the back of a ambulance. Not many injuries on him this time, which seemed like the first time in forever. He managed to escape with a wounded shoulder.

Topped off with a broken heart.

If he was just faster, or hell, even a bit more smarter. Conan would be here right now taking care of his wounds. Not some paramedic that he didn't know, who was clearly a rookie. They didn't even bandage his shoulder properly. Conan would throw a fit if he saw this.

The blaring sounds of sirens faded into silence, while the flashing red and blue lights soon turned grey. Gavin started getting lost in thought, starting to remember what happened before his world turned upside down.

~~~~~

Upon their arrival to the restaurant, Gavin's odd feeling kept growing bigger and bigger inside a endless pit in his stomach. The detective labeled it as nerves, just a small rush of the wrong type of adrenaline pumping throughout his body.

"Careful Reed, this one is kinda crazy. Maybe even insane." Officer Chris Miller, one of Gavin's good friends who responded to the scene informed him.

"We should have this handled Officer Miller. But please be careful yourself, I'm sure your wife and son want you home." Conan said as he walked past the holographic police tape.

"Will do?" The officer adjusted his hat with a confused look as Gavin just shrugged before walking into the blocked off restaurant, the moment he opened the doors, he was met with a bullet to the left shoulder. Intense pain shot through his body, sharp like a knife as the bullet went straight through his shoulder.

"P-phck!" 

"Detective! Just stay back and out my way. Don't forget to add pressure to the wound." Conan placed Gavin to lean on the wall as the detective worked to stop the blood flow.

As the RK900 tried to neutralize the threat, hostages slowly started exiting as their captor was distracted.

"Now, please put the gun down, and this will all be over soon!" Conan held his hands up, a sign of peace that he tried to make. But they didn't listen, while still in a state of shock that an android was able to outsmart them and let every single person he held hostage out.

"C-Conan! Be careful, this phcker looks like a psycho!" Gavin barked out.

"Gavin I got this-." Thw android was cut off with a gunshot, through the thirium pump.

"God no, CONAN!" Gavin couldn't belive the sight in front of him. Not only did their perpetrator get away, but Conan was dying right in front of him.

Ignoring the pain in his arm, he stood up and ran over to Conan. "C-conan, look at me, how much time is left."

"T-twenty minutes or so. G-gavin I'm scared."

~~~~~~

That's all he remembered before tears that he didn't know he had, rolled down his face. He was qucki to wipe them.

"Phck!" He hopped down from that back of that red and blue truck, calling out to Chris.

He asked the other to help get Conan's body into the back seat of his car, only having about fifteen to ten minutes left.

As Chris finally tossed Conan into the back seat and closed the door. Gavin wasted no time speeding off to the place he hated the most.

Elijah Kamski's house.