Chapter Seven

Gavin's P.O.V

He was back, but not how I expected. I thought that I was going to be greeted with a "I'm home once again, love." That old, sappy nickname he used to call me. Or something in between the lines. But not this "I'm not alive" bullshit. I'm starting to wonder what Elijah did to him.

"Well then, guess I won't have to worry about you dying, again. Will I?" I sneered, this wasn't my Conan, nor will it ever be. I want the Conan that's a deviant, that's alive. Not some walking super computer. Someone that cares for his daughter, just as much as I do. I don't understand, Elijah knew I was fine with him, now he went and stabbed me in the back.

What for? Was it because of our past that Elijah turned in my hus- I mean boyfriend, in vain? I wasn't the best brother, not the best son. But I had my reasons, and whenever I find that small sliver of happiness, it's taken away. I don't get it, I don't understand, what do I have to change about myself?

"Detective Reed! You've been staring into space for about approximately six minutes and twenty-five seconds. We have a case that needs to be done, right away."

His voice was monotone, holding no emotion whatsoever. It disturbed me greatly.

"Yeah, let's get this case over and done with. The faster it's done, the faster I can get away from you." I huffed, this really isn't helping out my case. What do I do? What do I say, more importantly, what's gonna happen now?

I'm stuck with a tin door stop now, what do I expect is gonna happen? He's gonna be on my ass twenty four seven, about the smallest things.

'Detective Reed, you really should to this, do that. Blah, blah, blah."

Guess I'll have to live with it, or I can find a way to fix this all. I'm losing my mind without him, I want the Conan that'll share a bed with me. The Conan that dresses up with his daughter when she's bored.

I want the love of my life back.

"Detective, we're wasting time. Let's go."

His voice cold like a machine version of Jack Frost. It left frostbite, terrible frostbite, it stings. It was nipping at my nose. It burns and pains at the same time.

"Fine, after you ya plastic, good for nothing, walking atm." I shoulder checked him as I walked by, it made his LED flicker yellow.

The faster this is over, the faster I get home.