Chapter Six

Author's P.O.V

Gavin sighed as he trudged to the prescient with a half full coffee cup in his hands. Bag were under his eyes from sleepless nights, and from trying to get his daughter to sleep herself. He can't function without Conan at all anymore, he's lost his willpower. The detective dropped himself down in the old, squeaky chair he was given at the DPD, unaware that Hank was approaching him.

"Jesus Gavin, you look like shit, ya little shit." Hank with with a small laugh at the end, Connor not to far away.

"Piss off old man, I'm not in the mood for this right now." Gavin didn't spare the older man a glance.

"Eh, anyhow, where's Conan? Did you finally get rid of him?" Hank questioned, which made Gavin sigh and finally face him. He didn't have time for this, he was backed up on paperwork for about a week.

"He's dead, shot and killed on my last case." Reed sneered and folded his arms. Hank looked somewhat sympathetic for the other male. The older man cleared his throat and took a step back.

"Well, uh, I'll leave ya be now. Come on Connor." With that said Hank left with Connor, most likely just for Hank to go to that old, run down food truck, Chicken Feed. Gavin huffed and went to get his usual morning coffee since Conan wouldn't be able to get it.

Finally he got his bean juice, gulping it down like there was no tomorrow as he made his way back to his desk. It was bitter, just like him. No love poured into that medium sized, white styrofoam cup. He plopped back down into his chair, going to open his candy wrapper and empty energy drink draw. Once opened, Gavin pulled out that small, black velvet box he bought for a special occasion.

Now it was just pocket change to him, something he could sell for a pretty penny. With a heavy heart, he opened the small box, a dark blue wedding band was in it. Engraved with the words "I Love You." on it. Gavin slammed the box close and tossed back into the draw, slamming and locking it as well.

'Might as well get to work.' Gavin thought, he was already backed up on paperwork by a few days, any more and Fowler would have his head. So lost, deep in filling out this one report, the brunette failed to notice the footsteps coming towards him. Failed to notice who they belonged to as he downed the rest of his dark roast beverage.

"Good morning Detective Reed. How are you?"

That voice, it made Gavin choke and head straight into a coughing fit. The android patted his back to help a bit, but Gavin pulled away, glaring daggers, then his expression turned soft.

Conan, his Conan was right in front of him. Bright blue and all.

"C-conan? I thought you-." Gavin was cut of by the upgraded RK model.

"I cannot die, for I am not alive." The sentence played like a broken record in Gavin's mind.

Conan really is dead.