05; stalker

"Annie. You have to tell me how you met Emmett."

She was standing with Sam in an open field, the sky dark but radiating with the light of a million starts. Sam was standing a few feet away, his hair unruly from the light breeze. His eyes were dark, but she couldn't make out their color because of how gloomy it was around them. He was wearing the same thing from the party earlier, a black shirt and dark jeans.

"Why are you doing this to me," She whimpered, taking a step back, and then another one, until she was turning around and full out sprinting.

Before she could get far, a hand wrapped around her wrist, halting all movements.

"Annie, I'm trying to help you." Sam whispered. Up close, she could tell Sam's eyes were the maroon color she had seen earlier at the party.

Another voice popped up, and she whipped around to face it, "is that so? You're trying to help her?"

It was Emmett, who was sporting a large smirk. His hair was spiked back and his skin was just gray. Why was he so gray?

"Leave her alone." Sam growled, his voice so deep and boomy that it took her back. Sam pulled gently on her wrist, and she stumbled behind him.

Annie was petrified. She felt like she was in a dream again, but it all felt so real. She wanted desperately to get back to David, but he felt light years away.

"Just admit it, Samuel. You're just as intrigued as we are." He took a step closer, "we won't stop until you let us test her."

Emmett suddenly appeared next to her, and he grabbed her chin roughly. Sam tried to yank her wrist back, but Emmett's grip was tight. Sam landed a punch on Emmett's jaw, but the man simply glanced at him.

"You can't keep this up forever. And we'll be here for when you slip up." With what sounded like a threat, Emmett disappeared, his grip on the girl's chin dissipating into nothing.

She fell to the ground, Sam catching her head before it could smack against the dirt. She stared up at the sky, a panic racing through her body at a million miles a minute. The infinite sky stared back unforgiving as her body shook.

Sam sat in the dirt, positioning himself so that her head was in his lap, "you're safe, Annie. I won't let him hurt you." He whispered, his voice soft and genuine.

"But why does he want to hurt me?" She sniffled, feeling tears slide down her face.

He pulled hair away from her forehead and looked down at her, "You need to wake up and tell me how you met him."

She looked up at him, his eyes now golden again. She wondered how his eyes changed color, and wondered if golden was the color he wanted around her.

Before she could say anything else, her body began to shake uncontrollably with weird jerks. She sat up, her eyes wide. What was happening?

Sam looked at her, his face annoyed, "you're being woken up. By David."

——

She opened her eyes slowly, blinking as they adjusted to the lights. David's room smelled like sunscreen and old people. His hands were on her shoulders, and she wondered if he had been shaking her awake.

"God, Annie." He sighed in relief, " I thought you died or something."

She sat up, a pain in her head was only slight compared to the throbbing in her wrist. She looked down at the bruises forming from where Sam had held her moments before in her dream. David looked down too, and a look of shock settled on his face.