Two

When Irene arrived, John rushed her to his room before his mother could come and say hello. He pushed her into his room then, looked out, not seeing his mother then closing his door. "She's throwing a party." John said, starting to pace around his room.

Irene sat on his bed as she watched her friend walk around, gripping at his hair.

"I'm only twenty one, I really don't want to get married. Especially to someone I just met." John stopped and looked at Irene. "She's mad! Absolutely mad!"

"Your father hasn't even said a word about retiring. So why does she keep pushing this on you?"

"She just wants me to move on with my life I guess." John fell back onto his bed with a groan. "She just wants me out of the house."

"As much as she keeps you in the house, I'm positive she doesn't want you out." Irene leaned over her friend, looking down at him. "Me, you, club tonight."

"Can't. I have to eat with my parents tonight."

"After? Come on, Johnny, you need to get out again."

John pushed Irene away. "I was out last night. I don't need to go out again." he sat up, looking over at his friend.

"Boo, you whore." Irene said then fell back.

John grinned. "Alright, Regina George. No need to get your panties in a bunch." He stood up, stretching his arms above his head.

"How was your date?"

John sighed. "I wanted to strangle him. I never knew someone could talk that much about themselves! The solid two hours we were out, he just blabbered on about himself!" He sat back down, crossing his legs.

"He was kinda hot, though."

"Every rich business scum bag is hot to you."

"I think it's the money."

"It's always the money."

Irene grinned. "You're not wrong. I like the posh life."

"Is that why you're friends with me?"

"That, and you make an amazing shopping partner."

"I do, don't I?" John asked with a grin.

There was a knock at John's bedroom door then it opened and his mom stepped in. She had a binder in her arm, with her phone in her hand. "John, I need to know what you want to be served at the party. Please make a list and give it to me by the end of the night."

"Okay, mum."

"Hello, Irene." Mrs. Watson said before leaving John's room, closing the door.

"Wow, you get to plan a party finally." Irene said in an amazed tone.

"It's a miracle." John rolled his eyes, falling back again, staying down this time.

Sherlock hurried around the diner, the breakfast rush heavy and too many people to serve. He carefully unloaded his tray, setting the plates in front of the people that ordered them, then hurried off to the kitchen to grab the next order. When he was taking an order at the bar, Greg came in and stood awkwardly as he watched Sherlock work.

"What?" Sherlock asked as he passed Greg with drinks, going to the table that ordered them.

Greg followed Sherlock. "There's a party Friday." he said.

Sherlock went to what was once a preoccupied table and stacked the dishes, pulling a rag out of his pocket and wiping it off. "I'm a little busy, Greg." he stuffed the rag into his pocket and went to the door where a couple was waiting. "You can take that window table." he said with a fake smile before going to the kitchen to drop the dishes off. He saw Ivy walk back in from her 'smoke break' that lasted an entire hour. "Get your ass out there Ivy." Sherlock said. "People just sat down and I have to serve." he stacked plates onto his tray then headed back out.