Sixteen

the soft breeze felt relaxing against john's skin as he stood out on the porch, looking out on the view of the ocean only lit by the moon. he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist then a kiss be pressed to his cheek and he smiled. this was all he ever wanted. he turned around, wrapping his arms around his husband's neck.

"say them again." john said softly.

sherlock smiled. "i've already said them three times."

"i don't care. i want to hear them again."

sherlock laughed softly, slowly pulling john back inside as he spoke. "you are my happiness, john watson, the light in my life since the day i laid my eyes on you," he continued to speak as he turned them around, pushing john back. "since the night i said i love you to the day i said i wanted to spend the rest of my days with you." he lay john gently on the bed, staying above him. "through thick and thin we'll make it. through heartbreak and misery. through life and death. i've promised you many things, but i promise that my love for you will never die out. and not a single thing will ever change that. i love you, john watson. forever and always."

john cupped the side of sherlock's face, smiling up at him. "you've made me the happiest man alive. you know that?"

sherlock nodded, giving john a kiss. "i've always known that." he lay beside john, pulling the blankets that were left on the bed over them.

"of course you do because you know everything." john said with a soft smile, intertwining his fingers with his husband's. "my genius."

sherlock laughed softly. "i want to hear yours."

"nooo," john whined. "mine were awful!" he nuzzled his face into sherlock's bare shoulder.

"no they weren't. i loved them." he ruffled john's bed head hair, messing it up even more. "come on, baby. just one more time. for me."

"ugh, fine." john groaned and sat up. "you're lucky i love you." he poked sherlock's chest, causing the man to chuckle. john crossed his legs, looking down at sherlock as he started to recite his vows. "you are the adventure in my life that i have always wanted. from the late nights to the wild parties, i will never forget the night i asked if you would steal from me and you said that you have already stolen my heart and that was good enough for you. but i never let you know that it was good enough for me too." john paused for a second, watching sherlock kiss his finger where his ring was before he started to speak again.

"i've never promised you much, but one thing that will always be a promise is that i will always be by your side. through better or worse. through life or death. i will always be there for you. all because i let you steal my heart." john kissed the back of sherlock's hand. "i love you, sherlock holmes."

sherlock pulled john down on top of him, kissing him deeply. when they pulled apart, john rested his forehead on sherlock's, looking at his with heart eyes. "i love you, so much." sherlock spoke.

"i love you more."

"not possible."

john pushed sherlock's fringe out of his face, combing a hand through the soft curls. "well i'm sorry, mr. holmes. you're wrong. it is possible."

"i'm afraid, mr. holmes, it isn't." sherlock grabbed john's hips, rolling them over. he placed his hands on john's stomach, grinning down at the blond. "and i want you take it back. or else." he threatened.

"or else what?" john asked, resting the man above him. "because i'm never going to take it back."

"yeah?" sherlock asked, his fingers starting to lightly run over the skin on john's stomach.

"don't you do it." john said sternly, researching for sherlock's hands but they had moved to his sides and started moving furiously. "stop it!" john exclaimed, laughing as he tried to get sherlock off of him.

sherlock laughed with him, grabbing john's wrists and pinning them above his head. "it's only going to get worse."

john panted heavily, smiling still. "i still love you more." he said.

sherlock kissed john's cheek, blowing a raspberry on the soft skin, causing the boy to erupt in laughter again. sherlock smiled, moving to john's chest and blowing another raspberry. he let go of john's wrists and that's he got out from under sherlock, running.

"i'm not done with you!" sherlock shouted as he chased after john, hearing the giggles from him. he followed him out onto the patio, seeing the blond standing at where the concrete met the sand, looking out onto the ocean. sherlock crept up onto john, wrapping his arms around him and kissing his shoulder.

"it's supposed to storm soon." sherlock said softly.

john relaxed against his husband. "but it isn't right now." he looked up, not being able to see the stars anymore, but instead a thick layer of dark clouds. he closed his eyes, hearing the sound of the waves that grew furious as the storm approached. "just listen." he whispered. "just close your eyes and listen."

sherlock closed his eyes, focusing on the sound of the waves.

"you know what it sounds like?" john asked softly.

"no, what?"

"you when you sleep." john said with a soft laugh.

sherlock scoffed, rolling his eyes. "you better get your fine arse back in the house."

"is that another threat?"

sherlock's hands slid down to the plush arse of the blond in front of him, cupping it. "yes."

john grinned and turned around, wrapping his arms around sherlock's neck, giving him a quick peck on the lips. "let's take it nice and easy. it's gonna be so easy." john sang softly.

"are you singing frank sinatra?"

"i dunno, you're the genius." john walked around sherlock and into the house, humming the song softly.

sherlock scoffed, shaking his head as he followed his husband into the house, closing the patio door behind them. he smiled to himself as he heard john belting out the lyrics as he walked upstairs. he walked into the bedroom seeing john sitting on the bed, leaning against the bed frame.

"close the door then come join me." john patted the spot next to him.

sherlock chuckled softly, closing the door behind him then walking around the bed and closing the french doors that lead out to the balcony. by the time he lay in bed with his husband, the rain started coming down hard.

"tomorrow, i vote we stay in and watch movies." john got comfortable, pulling the blankets over him.

sherlock pulled john closer, kissing his forehead. "it is a sex holiday, you know that right?"

john scoffed. "yes, i know. but who said we're not going to fuck on every surface of this villa?"

sherlock laughed softly. "you are ridiculous."

"and you're not?"

"shutup." sherlock kissed john, stopping him before he could say something again.

john pulled away, smiling up at his husband, "gladly." he said then kissed sherlock again.