Five

The two lay on their sides, facing each other. Sherlock watched the boy as he played with his fingers, a soft smile resting on hi face as he did. After they came down from their high, they snuck down to the diner, going to the freezer and snatching two bowls of ice cream, going back upstairs with them. They sat on the bed, feeding each other the ice cream until John started teasing while he ate the ice cream off of Sherlock's spoon. The bowls were soon discarded on the floor and John was laying on his stomach between Sherlock's legs.

Sherlock intertwined his fingers with John's, pulling his hand to his lips and kissing his knuckles. "Tell me about you." He said softly.

"Like what?" John asked. He made eye contact with the waiter, feeling his cheeks get warm.

"Why don't I ask you a question then you ask me one?"

John nodded.

"When is your birthday?"

"March thirty first. So I'll be twenty two soon." John opened his hand, opening Sherlock's as well and he pressed his palm to his, comparing their hands. "How old are you?"

Sherlock watched the boy look at their hands. "Twenty four. How come you have to get married?"

"My mother wants me to, because my father is apparently retiring and I don't want to take over his business, and they want it to be someone in the family." John giggled softly as Sherlock took his hand, blowing a raspberry on his palm. "What was your first tattoo?"

Sherlock rolled over, propping himself up on his elbow, showing the boy the small semi colon on his right shoulder blade. He laid back down and faced John again.

"You were suicidal?" he asked softly.

Sherlock nodded. "Story for another time. What does your father do?"

"Well he has invested in a few things, but his main thing is controlling a financial firm. But he has been working on starting a chain of the firms in America. That's why they want me to marry, so someone can be in America." he intertwined their fingers again. "What do your parents do?"

Sherlock broke eye contact for a quick second. He looked back up at John, clearing his throat. "I haven't spoken to them in seven years."

"Sherlock, I'm sorry."

"It's fine." Sherlock let go of John's hand, sitting up. He leaned over the side of the bed and picked the discarded bowls up. "You didn't know." he stood and walked to the kitchen.

John sat up and watched him before sitting on the edge and reaching for his jeans, taking his phone out of his pocket. He turned and saw Sherlock standing at the sink, washing the bowls with a sour look on his face. He turned back around and looked down at his phone, checking the time.

03:43

He set his phone down and stood. "I should get going." he said as he pulled his jeans back on.

Sherlock turned the sink off and dried his hands before going to the boy and stopping him from putting his shirt on. "You really don't have to."

"I do." John pulled his shirt over his head, doing a french tuck with it.

Sherlock grabbed his wrist when he bent down to pick up his jean jacket, pulling him back up and leading his straight into a kiss. John smiled against the kiss softly, cupping Sherlock's cheek, tracing his cheek bone gently with his thumb, feeling the light stubble growing.

John pulled away with all the force in his body. "You are very irresistible, Sherlock Holmes, but I have to get home."

Sherlock hooked his fingers into the belt loops of the boy's jeans. "Just a few more kisses?" he asked, pulling John to him.

John wrapped his arms around the waiter's neck. "Just a few more. That's it." he muttered as he kissed him again, slowly and softly, letting it linger.

After a few minutes, John's phone started to go off and Sherlock groaned when he pulled away out of their amazing snogging session. He watched John lean over and pick his phone up off the bed, turning the alarm he had set off then tucking his phone into his back pocket.

"I have to go." John picked up Sherlock's discarded sweater up off the floor, forgetting about his jean jacket.

"That's mine." Sherlock said, pointing at the sweater.

John grinned. "I know." he walked over to the window and picked up his coat, pulling it on. He grinned at the waiter. "We'll see each other again. Don't worry." he gave Sherlock another kiss.

"Soon?" Sherlock asked softly.

"This weekend perhaps. I really have to get going and a proper gentleman would walk his date out."

Sherlock chuckled, stepping away from John and opening his dresser, pulling out a pair of sweat pants and a new jumper. He took John's hand in his as they walked out of the flat and down the steps that led to Sherlock's actual front door. John turned around and took the way Sherlock looked in. How his curls were sticking up in different places, the light stubble growing and he had a lazy smile on his face as he looked at the boy with heart eyes.

"Am I a proper gentleman now?" Sherlock asked.

John hummed, "Not yet." he leaned closer.

Sherlock raised a brow. "Not yet?"

John shook his head. "You have to end the date properly." he had a soft grin displayed.

Sherlock laughed softly and cupped the boy's cheeks gently, pulling him in for a kiss. He forced himself to pull away, knowing John wouldn't be the one that did then looked at him.

"I'll text you." John reached behind himself, placing a hand on the door knob.

"And I'll respond."

John glanced down at his feet, a blush spreading across his cheeks. "Bye, Sherlock."

The waiter gave a small wave, smiling at him. "Bye, John."

John sat at the table, his chin resting in his hand as he stared at Charles, not listening to a single thing he was saying, but focusing on Sherlock in his head. His mother had set this date up, seeing how John reacted to him at the party, but sitting her now, John realized how much of a self centered douche he was once he spoke his first sentence. There was a thought in John's head that he should text his emergency word to Irene and she would call, creating a wild story to get him out, but they had already ordered, so John decided not to.

He sat through the date, miserable as can be before Charles gotten a call and had to leave before they could decide on a second date. John thanked the heavens as Charles asked for the check and apologized for having to leave early. Charles gave John a kiss on the cheek, saying he'd call before leaving. John wiped the slobber from Charles off his face then left the restaurant, texting Irene to meet him at his house so he could spill the tea on him and Sherlock.