Eleven

Happy birthday. Can I treat you to lunch?

john read over the text, thinking about if he should go out to lunch with sherlock. they really hadn't spoke in almost a week and john wasn't as mad as he was before, so it wouldn't be bad if he said yes. sherlock would have a chance to explain himself and quite frankly, john missed him.

Sure. Where and when?

the response was almost instant then john checked the time, seeing one o'clock only two hours away. he got out of bed and went into his closet, looking over everything, trying to find the perfect outfit for sherlock.

john walked into the quaint restaurant. he looked around then spotted sherlock, heading over to him. "can you afford this place?" he asked as he took his coat off.

"i got in contact with my family the day after the dinner." sherlock watched john sit across him. he was wearing his high waisted jeans that were rolled up at the bottom and had a hole in the knee that revealed the fishnet leggings wore underneath. he was wearing the simple black and white stripped long sleeve shirt that looked absolutely amazing on him. "i have access to my old bank account and i'll be going to manchester this weekend to meet with them."

"for how long?"

"a week."

john nodded. "why'd you leave a perfectly good life like that? how did you get away? what made you want to run?"

sherlock scratched the side of his head. "i went to harvard at sixteen, i thought it was nice being away from my family, but my final year i went home for christmas and that was when my mother started introducing me to men. and i instantly knew. i couldn't be forced into a situation like that, so after i finished at harvard, i vanished. i had months of planning and knew the exact moves my family would make, how long they would look for me before finally giving up."

john adjusted in his seat, sitting up more. "but why now are you finally contacting them again? you're happy in the simple life, why go back to what made you unhappy?"

sherlock reached across the table, taking his hands. "i'm doing it for you. so you can be happy. so we can be happy."

"i never said you had to."

"i wanted to."

john looked down at their hands, smiling slightly. "i love you." he looked up at sherlock.

sherlock smiled. "i love you, too." he kissed john's knuckles then let go when the waiter arrived to ask what they wanted to drink.

"tell me something that you never tell anyone." john said with a grin and he sipped his lemonade.

sherlock chuckled. "my full name is william sherlock scott holmes."

john almost choked on his drink he was laughing. he coughed, drawing attention to him, but he ignored the stares. "sorry, sorry." he said to sherlock, still laughing a bit. "i just got the thought in my head of people calling you willy."

sherlock rolled his eyes, not being able to contain his smile. "they never did so thank god for that."

"i like willy. little willy."

sherlock's cheeks became flushed.

"don't get embarrassed, love. your willy isn't little." john gave him a sly wink then erupted in laughter as sherlock turned crimson.

sherlock cleared his throat. "you're something." he reached for his water, taking a swig of it. he looked at the boy across from him who had a satisfied grin plastered on his face. "i got you a present." he took his coat of the back of his chair.

john's grin fell. "you didn't have to."

"i wanted to. and now that i have money, i am able to spoil you." he took a long, thin black box out of his coat pocket, setting it in front of the boy.

john took the box in hand. "you spoil me enough with your love." he opened it, seeing the gold chain bracelet with a small plaque with roman numerals on it. he took the bracelet out, taking a closer look at the plaque. "it's the day we met." he said with a smile, looking up at sherlock.

sherlock smiled back. "i didn't know if you'd like it because i've never seen you wearing jewelry. and it's a bit cliche."

"i love it." john gave the bracelet to sherlock, holding his right arm out, signaling that he wanted him to put it on.

sherlock took it, wrapping it around his wrist then clipping it. he admired the way it look on his skin, placing a kiss on the back of the boy's hand before he pulled it away. sherlock watched john get up the cup his face, kissing him. sherlock smiled against the kiss, pulling john into his lap.

john giggled, pulling away. "i have dinner tonight with my parents, but maybe after, i can come over and have another birthday present?"

sherlock grinned. "you will definitely get another birthday present." he gave john another kiss before he got up and went back to his seat.

"tell me something else that you've never told me." john slotted his feet between sherlock's legs, rubbing his calf gently. 

"well, i do play the violin. haven't played in years though."

"i'm in love with a genius. wow." john smiled.

sherlock laughed softly. his smiled faded when he saw someone walked in, and sherlock instantly recognized the sour look and big nose. he stood up, watching his brother turn and looked at him, starting to walk over to him.

"what's wrong?" john asked, looking at sherlock then what his eyes were fixed on.

"it's my brother. hello mycroft."

"sherlock." mycroft said. he looked down at john, giving him a week smile. "who is this?"

"my boyfriend. john watson." sherlock said proudly. "why are you here? what do you want?"

"to take you home."

"i told mother i'd be there saturday."

"you were hidden for seven years and just recently made contact with us. you don't know what has been going on and you don't know how mother is doing health wise. so i'd advise you to come home now."

"she didn't say anything on the phone."

"because she wanted to tell you in person."

sherlock sighed then looked down at john. "you can go. i understand." he said softly.

sherlock turned back to his bother. "i'll be out there in a second."

mycroft gave him a nod. "please don't take too long." he turned, walking out of the restaurant.

"i'm sorry, love. i would stay, but it's my mum." sherlock said to john.

john got up. "it's alright. i don't mind."

"are you sure?"

john nodded. "it's your mother that you haven't seen in years and she's sick. i won't be mad at you."

"i'll make it up to you when i get home. i promise." he took his coat off the back of his chair, taking his wallet out and leaving cash on the table for the check, not worrying about the change for once. "walk out with me?" he asked.

john grabbed his coat, putting it on then walking out with sherlock. they walked the opposite direction of mycroft's car a few steps so sherlock could give john a kiss without being watched.

"i'll text you." sherlock said.

john nodded. "tell me how your mother is doing. and how everything goes when you get home."

"i will." sherlock leaned in and gave john another kiss, letting this one linger a bit longer, pulling away when mycroft honked the horn at them. "i love you." sherlock hugged john.

"i love you, too." john hugged back, releasing sherlock when the horn honked again. he kissed his cheek then watched him walk to the car, getting in the back seat. he stood on the side walk, watching the car drive away as he felt the bracelet, smiling to himself. he was in love.