Nine

The obnoxious sound of Sherlock's alarm woke both them up, Sherlock getting out of bed while John shoved his head under the pillow, pulling the comforter over him more. Sherlock grinned his phone, turning the alarm off then leaned over John, pulling the pillow off his head.

"Join me in the shower?" he asked.

John opened his eyes, looking at the man that was above him. "Tempting," he yawned.

Sherlock watched the blond stretch out, burying his face in the crease of his elbow, looking up at the waiter. He looked like a piece of art that belonged in the Louvre. The way the sun peeked through the curtains, lighting up certain parts of his skin. How his hair was sticking up in certain ways the curled at the end, how his big blue eyes just peeked over his arm and the corner of his mouth that Sherlock could see, he knew he was smiling. If Sherlock didn't have to get ready for work, he would've took the time to kiss over each spot on the boy's body, taking him apart piece by piece.

"Are you going to continue to stare at me or start the shower?" John asked, turning onto his back, exposing his bare chest.

Sherlock leaned down and blew a raspberry on the boy's stomach before jumping off the bed and going into the bathroom, turning to see John smiling widely at him. Sherlock went into the bathroom, starting the shower. He turned to see John standing in the doorway with just his pink dolphin hem shorts on.

John walked over to Sherlock, looking up at him. "You're adorable when you stare. Sometimes you drool."

"Yeah?" Sherlock asked, raising a brow. "Same way you drool at my tattoos?"

John's face turned as red as a tomato as he stuttered to say something. He walked around Sherlock, dropping his shorts then got into the shower, glancing back at Sherlock.

After the shower, Sherlock got ready for work while John got into bed again, watching the waiter get ready. He buried himself deep into the comforter, only his eyes peeking over the edge, watching the waiter's every move. Sherlock turned to his bed once he finished buttoning up his shirt, looking at the boy with a slight grin. He went over to the bed and, pulled the comforter down, giving the boy a sweet kiss.

"Come down when you wake up, okay?" Sherlock asked.

John nodded, giving Sherlock another kiss.

The waiter pulled off, smiling at the boy before he walked away and out of the flat.

John was settled at the bar with a cup of coffee as Sherlock did his waiter thing. He had come down a few minutes ago and it wasn't all that busy, but Sherlock was out talking with the regulars who have been coming into Angelo's for years. He had never seen Sherlock so naturally friendly with costumers like the elderly group of me he was chatting with. John looked back down at his coffee and took another sip, looking at who had just walked in. Greg spotted John and frowned, walking over to him.

"Why the sour face?" John asked.

"Your mum is at the station trying to file a missing persons report." Greg sat on the stool next to John.

"She can't though, right?"

"Not until twenty four hours, but they might just let her to get her out. She's worried about you."

John looked down at his coffee, flicking the mug and watching the tiny ripples shoot through the surface of the liquid. "How worried?"

"Haven't gotten more than two hours of sleep worried. You gotta get back home."

John sighed. "I know." He snapped his head up when a mug was set in front of Greg and Sherlock started pouring him coffee.

"What's wrong babe?" Sherlock asked, placing his hand over John's.

"It's just my mum. She's just worried about be and I should go home, but I don't want to." He rated his elbows on the counter top, putting his face in his hands.

"I can give you a ride when you want to go home, John." Greg said. He gave John a friendly pat on the shoulder.

"Thanks." John muttered in his hands the looked up at Sherlock who was looking at him, his facial expression soft and comforting. "Should I go home?" he asked him.

"It's up to you. Do what you want."

John looked over at Greg. "Take me home?" He asked.

Greg nodded.

John got up from the stool and Sherlock walked around the bar, giving John a quick kiss. "I love you."

"I love you, too." John said then gave Sherlock another kiss before going to the back corridor, opening the door that said 'Employees Only' and waking up the steps.

The car ride home, John sat and thought about what he was going to say to his mom. He thought about telling her about Sherlock and that he was happy with him, that he wanted to marry him and not Charles. He thought about packing up his things and leaving like his sister. He even thought about just going with an arranged marriage to make her happy. He wanted to go back to the diner and spend the day getting sly looks from Sherlock, feeling his brush across the small of his back every time he walked past, the winks and crooked smirks. There was just something about being around Sherlock that calmed his nerves and he was relaxed.

When Greg pulled into the drive way, John bit harder on his fingernail, almost pulling it off. The sound of Greg putting the car in park, snapped John out of his trance and he looked at his house.

"You alright going in by yourself? I can come in." Greg offered.

John shook his head, reaching for the door handle. "I'll be fine. I'll have Sherlock text you on how it turns out." he opened the door, stepping out of the car then grabbed his bag off the floor board, slinging it over his shoulder. He gave a weak smile and a wave to Greg before walking up to the front door, hearing Greg's car drive off. He took his house key out of his pocket, turning the lock then stepping inside. "Mum?" he called out, setting his bag down next to the stair case. "It's John."

The sounds of heels clicking on the hardwood floor alarmed John as he saw his mother running towards him. She wrapped her arms around her son tightly, instantly apologizing. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." she pulled away, covering his cheek with her hand. "I never meant to hit you. I'm so sorry." she had tears in her eyes.

"It's alright, mum. I should've dropped the topic."

Mrs. Watson shook her head. "No. A mother should never hit her son."

John hugged his mother. "It's fine, mum." he could feel her relax under his touch, letting out a shaky sigh.

After a minute, Mrs. Watson pulled away, wiping her tears. "There's breakfast if your hungry. I put your phone and your laptop on your bed and your father is due home Wednesday morning."

John nodded. "There's something I want to tell you, mum. Someone I want to tell you about."

His mother looked at him with a smile.

"He's the reason I was sneaking back in that night. I knew you wouldn't allow me to see him because he's not the high class life. He never went to school. He works in a diner and barely has enough to get by, but I love him mum." John said with a smile. "He loves me too and he's wonderful."

Mrs. Watson smiled at her son, pressing a palm to his cheek. "I'd love to meet him. Perhaps dinner tomorrow night? Your father could meet him as well."

John's hand covered his mother's. "I'll ask him. How about we go out today? Go shopping and have lunch?" he asked.

"Oh! There's this new boutique Anne has been telling me about! She says you'll love it!" she said with a huge smile.

John laughed softly. "Let me have a shower and then we can go, okay?"

"Of course dear. Just come down when you're ready."

John nodded then walked around his mother, grabbing his bag off the steps as he headed upstairs. He tossed his bag down then grabbed his phone off his bed, turning it on as he walked to his bathroom. He stopped in his tracks, glancing at his window to see the crack fixed and the alarm gone. Then his head turned to the wall, seeing that the whole gone, you couldn't even see it. That was awfully quick. He continued to walk into his bathroom, texting Sherlock as he did, setting his phone down on the sink counter as he turned the shower on.