10

//this chapter talks about rape and physical abuse in detail! only read if you are sure you can handle it. thank you! <3//

the man turned around to face the small girl who challenged him. "who's this, maya? one of your little friends? maybe her and i can be friends, too. great friends..." he mocked as he inched closer and closer to riley who was still standing in the doorway.
   riley swallowed the fear that was rising up and into her throat. she couldn't allow him to sense that she was terrified of what he was planning to do. she pushed her hand into her back pocket, ripping out her house key, putting it in-between her middle and ring finger and clenched her fist. her fist collided with the drunken man's arm and could feel her key dig deep into his arm, his warm blood gushing all over her fist and down his arm. she pulled it out before shoving the bloody key back into her pocket before he could take it from her.
   the man growled, slamming his filthy hand against the wound to try and ease the bleeding. "you bitch. you'll pay for that, pretty girl. i guess you like playing hard to get, huh?"
   he threw himself at the brunette standing in front of him, tackling riley down to the floor. his brown eyes were dead, emotionless, and cold. she knew that he had no remorse for anything he did to anybody. not for his daughter, his wife, his friends, his family; all he cared about was himself, and he didn't even do much to keep himself in check. it seemed like he lived like a homeless man. the smell that radiated off of him was what a stereotypical drug addict smelled like: cigarette smoke, whiskey, dirt, and marijuana. it wasn't a good combination. the smell lingered in riley's nostrils, burning it like the smell of vinegar would. anyone could see the layer of grime and dirt that rested upon his body, making it seem like that was just the colour of his skin. it made him almost as black as his own shadow would be on a sunny, summer's day. it was a horrible look, but it was fitting for a man with a horrible heart.
   his hands held riley's arms against the floor as she struggled immensely underneath him. her head lifted and her eyes met maya's. she could tell that maya wanted to do something, but all she could do was lay where she was. the bruising and broken bones that he left her were noticeable from across the room. her cheeks were soaked with tears, making them glisten like crystals in the dim light illuminating the room.
   maya took a deep breath before calling out, "dad... kermit... please... let her go. have me instead."
   kermit just laughed as his hand tip-toed down riley's chest and stomach before slipping underneath the brim of the girl's jeans. they were cold, and they didn't feel right. she knew exactly what he was planning to do, and she knew that she couldn't do anything about it. her being at that house was for maya. she'd do anything to protect her. anything.
   his fingers slipped inside of riley, causing her to squeak in pain. he was rough, but why wouldn't he be? he was getting what he wanted with force. the anger inside him seemed to take control of his fingers as they thrusted in and out faster than anything riley has even seen or felt before.
   through forceful kisses upon her neck and vigorous thrusts of his fingers, riley could only cry, hoping that it would do something for her, hoping it would stop him. he got off on her sadness and the innocence he was stealing. he was ripping riley's first time away from her, just like lucas tried to do. at least lucas was respectful enough to stop after a few no's. it was like this was the type of energy he needed to recharge himself to continue to be the sick, twisted man he was.
   kermit's hand slipped back out, tearing riley's jeans and underwear down the middle, opening access to places he shouldn't be. with the same hand, he unbuttoned his pants, pulling out his penis and pushing it deep inside of the poor girl laying helpless in front of him. in and out he went, and her tears continued to flow with each movement. it was painful. her entire lower body felt as if it was being torn apart piece by piece, like the skin was coming apart and bleeding out. he was like the axe of a murderer, used to tear and hack apart the evidence of the body that they had just murdered. with each swing, another part of the body was cut off and tossed to the side. that's what it felt like to riley; like her body and life were falling apart in the hands of this man.
   struggling didn't matter anymore. it wouldn't do anything for riley. she was stuck there until kermit got the pleasure he wanted. no one could save her. maya was in too much pain and was too helpless. her mother was in the car, waiting like she was told. it was just her against a man twice her size. she had to live through every excruciating second of the devastating situation.
   this was one of the moments riley wished that she was numb. maybe then she wouldn't be crying. maybe then she wouldn't be feeling every thrust of the man that was taking advantage of her. maybe then she wouldn't care about what was happening to her.
   as kermit became more aggressive, riley snapped back to reality. she stared into kermit's eyes. he didn't even seem to be pleasured by this, but he had more emotion in his face than he had before. maybe that's what pleasure looked like plastered upon his face. kermit's hand made its way to riley's neck, pushing down on it and squeezing.
   fuck, riley thought. this is it. he's going to kill me so i don't talk.
   gasping for air seemed pointless, but riley had to. she had to fight to live so she could be here to protect and save maya. she couldn't allow him to win when that girl needed her most. she wrapped her hand around kermit's wrist, trying her hardest to pull his hand off of her throat. after a few tugs, she decided to pulled at his wrist with all of the strength she could muster up, allowing her to get some leeway to escape from his grasp. she slid her half-naked body forward, kneeing him in the stomach before getting out from under him.
   kermit laid on the floor, holding his stomach, looking helpless and vulnerable. his arm was still bleeding out, creating a deep red stain in the already stained carpet. it was what he deserved after all. after all of the things he's done, this was the minimum amount of vulnerability and helplessness he deserved.
   "now you're the vulnerable one. rot in hell."
   the brunette kicked kermit's stomach once more, kicking him over to lay on his back before stepping on his exposed genitalia, hearing cracking and snapping noises underneath her foot.
   riley held her hand out, watching maya grab it and push herself up off the floor. "let's go home," she whispered before slinging maya's arm over her shoulders and walking back out to her mother who was still in their car, clueless of what just took place inside the house her daughter disappeared inside of.