Tree Bros- Lemon Boy

inspired by the song 'lemon boy' by cavetown
please listen to it it's so fucking catchy.

tw! angst, suicide, abuse and blood!!

~~~

~~~evan~~~

There once was a bittersweet man and they called him 'Lemon Boy'.

Evan sat in the corner of the classroom, alone. He didn't have friends.

That is, until the everyday drug addict, Connor Murphy walked into the room.

Connor didn't like people. He was 'bitter' as was told by Jared, Evans 'family friend', but Evan liked to call him, 'Bittersweet'.

He was growing in my garden and I pulled him out by his hair like a weed.

Evan looked at the boy who'd just entered the room. He smiled, as Connor looked back, catching Evan's small smile. Connor just gave him a death glare, and went to his seat.

And like weeds do, he only came and grew back again, so I figured this time I might as well let him be.

At lunch, Evan sat with Jared, who was talking about a 'fursona', and he wasn't listening. Evan was eyeing Connor from across the room.

Jared looked at Evan, realizing he wasn't listening, and sighed. Jared took Evan by his wrist, and yanked him up.

"Jared what are you-"

Jared was walking towards Connor's table.

"Jared- no-"

The boy pushed Evan onto the seat, sitting backwards. Right behind him would be Connor. Evan span around, as Connor looked at him, and actually gave him a little smile.

"Yo."

Lemon boy and me started to get along together.

Almost everyday, Evan and Connor would talk about the littlest things, and biggest things.

Evan couldn't lie, he liked that boy a lot.

I'd help him plant his seeds and we mowed the lawn in bad weather.

Evan smiled, taking a sip out of his drink, while Connor was talking about his favourite music artists and whatnot. Evan smiled at his full grown crush.

Connor liked him too.

It's actually pretty easy being nice to a bitter boy like him.

So I've got myself, a citrus friend.

Walking to school, Evan heard his name being called out from behind him. Looking back, he saw his friend.

"Hi, Connor." Evan chirped out. He wouldn't freak out, or have a full blown anxiety attack. Connor was a person Evan was calm around.

It's like Connor is his safe spot.

He was nice to him.

He was bittersweet.

Like a lemon.

~~~connor~~~

But soon, his bittersweet started to rub off on me.

A scream was heard, and it was horrid.

There, in the middle of the living room, laid an beat and bruised Connor Murphy.