Sincerely, Elek

Hello my dear friend,

Before I write down and relate my story, if there's one thing you should know, its that I never asked for this. Nobody should ever ask for this. If when, someday, I turn to dust and some unfortunate fellow happens upon this journal I hope you take away this much. Immortality isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I bet you'll sit there and read this and think of all the wonderful adventures I happened upon, perhaps disagree with me vehemently, but this grandiose ideal of yours is false. If I could, I'd undo everything---and I mean everything---to have stopped the tragedies that unfolded.

Too many to count, really.

But alas, this was not the case. With unlimited time comes unlimited mistakes and unlimited regret. As I sit here, over a hundred years old, rest assured that regret is the foremost feeling I have.

I wanted to compile my thoughts, on this night, in the hopes perhaps it'll bring me some kind of clarity. Perhaps it will cleanse me of the guilt I feel for all of my inappropriate actions, which led me here, to this desolate home in a desolate and cold place.

Or, perhaps it will do nothing. Never the less, I want you, yes you, to read my story.

Perhaps together we can gain some perspective.

Without further ado, let us begin my tale.

Sincerely,

Elek