Stronger Than Me

"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

Oscar Wilde

Elek returned the next night with a heightened degree of nervousness. One that he hadn't felt in a long while as an immortal. Instead of making a beeline for Mia's office, he'd opted to study her work alone, in a currently unoccupied music room. He knew he should've immediately have righted his transgressions the night prior with Mia, but somehow, he just couldn't. Everytime he thought on what to say it died somewhere in the cogs of his brain. He felt like a coward. It mattered not.

Mia was anything but a coward.

"Elek."

He knew it was her without turning. He'd become hyper aware of where she was at all times so he didn't have to see her to wince properly at her miffed tone. He had been expecting this, yet it still unnerved him. He pivoted in his seat, which was decidedly not in Mia's office. He could tell that fact alone was irking her. She wore an expression of mild ire and he, again, winced in preparation for the oncoming verbal slaughter.

"Ah, Mia I was just looking for y-"

Mia, however, didn't let him continue.

"No, you weren't. You were avoiding me. I'm here to put an end to that."

Elek felt all words die in his throat, and instead of gracing her with his pre thought out excuse, he merely made an undignified choking sound.

"Come, I don't want any protests either."

She simply held out her hand, giving an exasperated huff as for a few moments Elek simply looked at it, dumbfounded.

"Where are we going?"

He asked, not refuting any of her claims.

"Does it matter? We should talk. Alone."

He gulped at the "alone" part, but he gripped her hand in his gloved one, pushing himself out of his chair.

"Lead the way, then."

He said, feeling her hand already tugging his along in an unidentified direction.

---

They happened upon a beautiful park. It was extremely well manicured, with bits of flower beds placed just so, giving it a serene feeling. There were small white bridges that dipped lightly over the ponds and small rivers, which reflected the moonlight, dancing and bouncing off of Mia's features. She didn't seem to bat an eye at the beauty that almost made Elek stop in his tracks to contemplate. She seemed to have a resolute purpose in coming here. His voice pierced the silence.

"What is this place? It's quite beautiful."

Mia stopped dragging him at his words, seemingly satisfied that he was enjoying himself in their new location.

"This is Stadtpark, now sit."

She ordered, gesturing towards a bench nestled between two sets of tree's, overlooking the bridge and the pond. He obeyed immediately, plopping down, as she scooted in beside him.

"Why did you bring me here?"

He finally asked, after a few moments of silence had elapsed.

"You were avoiding me."

She answered simply, sounding like a wounded child. Elek felt himself smile a little, watching her worry her cheeks, her lips pouted out. Her blonde hair caught the reflection off the water and looked as if it were sparkling. He reached forward, touching a loose strand over her shoulder, taking it between two thin digits and letting his fingers trail down it until it ended. When he had finished he looked up to find her staring intently, a small red hue to her cheeks, and explained.