____________

Kirstin's POV:

"Maybe we should take you our of high school. There are a lot of school shootings, bullies, and since you've been at school you've been a lot more upset." My mom told me, holding a phone in her hand. She was taking me our of school for good. Honestly, I agree with her.

"Can I go out with my friends?"

"Be home by lunch, I'm making Mac and Cheese."

"Okay, Mom." Speeding out the door, I grabbed my wallet and keys. I drove to Scott's house, imagining how I (Beth) was going to ask Jeremy out on a date. I could give him a love letter or-

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

My phone buzzed. Since I was driving, I tried to ignore it, but it was way too nosy. I put it on speaker.

"Hey, Beth. Wanna come over?" It was Jeremy.

"I can't, I have something to do. But, I'd love to hang out later."

"Oh, okay." He replied, disappointed.

Jeremy's POV:

Dang it. You know that one person that you can just talk to without having to think of what you should say? That's Beth. Of all people, it's Beth.

"Hey, I invited Kirstie and Mitch over." My dork brother told me, storming into our room. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever,"

"So, Jeremy. Did you and Beth have fun at the beach?"

"Yeah, and I think she likes me."

"The only person that does."

"Excuse me? We all know that I'm the favorite son."

"With what parents? They like ME most. It doesn't take a freaking idiot to know that."

"Whatever." I started whaling out of our room.

"No, not whatever. You think you're so cool, but really you're friends only like you because you're popular."

I stopped in my tracks. Then, I said some things that I shouldn't have. Tears rolled down Scott's face. My eyes widened.

"Scott, I'm-"

"F*ck you."