Yoongi: The wrong person

The day when my world came crashing down around me started like any other

The day when my world came crashing down around me started like any other. I pulled myself from the warmth and safety of my bed covers and pillows to enter the cold world which was made just a little less cold by the fact that I had several amazing friends who sent me over the moon. One in particular who was my best friend and a person whom I had known for my entire life was called Park Jimin. The two of us got along famously. Because of him I met six other fantastic, handsome boys all of which had hearts full of love and passion.

Just as I had predicted, the air was icy and unwelcoming as I stepped out of my house. I shivered and pulled my thick coat tightly around my body, protectively. I hurried down the streets towards my school, solely entertained by my own breath billowing up from my mouth in gray clouds to soon evaporate into nothingness. I hurried into the large building of my school, eager to meet my friends after a two week holiday. My first class was with Namjoon so at least I would be able to see him before lunch break where the group of the eight of us would reunite. We had seen each other a little in the holidays but everyone had been busy quite a bit so it was difficult to arrange group meetups.

Once I had met Namjoon with a huge and affectionate hug the day seemed to pick up pace. Typical time, slowing down the worst moments of one's life to turn seconds into years and speeding up life's best moments to make years pass like seconds. Lunch break arrived in a small amount of time and I hurried to the cafeteria and to the table where my group always sat. I beamed when I saw all seven of the faces I adored already waiting for me at the table.

But...

Hold on.

Who's that?

I blinked in surprise at the completely unfamiliar and pretty face cuddled up to Jimin's side. I was still staring at the new girl when Jimin had leaped up from his seat and embraced me in a warm hug.

"Y/n, I missed you so much!" He said cheerfully while simultaneously squeezing the life from my body as easily as someone would squeeze the juice out of a lemon (I'm sorry, I randomly thought that was funny xD).

"I missed you as well, Chim," I said slowly and buried my face in his shoulder before we broke apart. I gave everyone a hug before sitting in the one free space left at the table. I was used to sitting by Jimin but instead I slipped into the spot beside Yoongi who had his usual expression set onto his face; cold, bored and yet painfully sharp. And while I am on the subject of Yoongi it would seem appropriate to bring up the fact that I'd always had trouble with him. We were close friends but somehow he managed to put himself in an entirely different category from the other boys. I could never read him. He was constantly closed off. I didn't feel uncomfortable around him but I could never seem to achieve the same level of closeness with him as I did with the others. I shot him a glance as I squeezed in between him and Taehyung who was talking animatedly to Hoseok. "So Chim," I said clearing my throat and drawing everyone's attention to me.  "Who's this?" I asked, directing a nod towards the girl who was pressed against Jimin's arm affectionately. There was an abnormal void growing in my stomach and my heart had quickened in pace as soon as I had noticed her, in an entirely bad way. It felt like with her appearance a large amount of bad news would be brought with her. I almost got like she bore some ill will against me. It was with these thoughts that I eyed her cautiously as Jimin cleared his throat nervously. Some of the other table members were shooting her equally confused glances while some appeared to already know who she was. My eyes darted to Yoongi who had his head resting on his hand and was watching everyone else knowingly. He seemed to know exactly what was going on. Somehow that made me more uneasy. It was abnormal for any stranger to be brought to our table so every person who had no clue of what was about to happen leaned forward in their seats to take in the new information.