Taehyung: Arranged

I sit quietly on the leather sofa, legs crossed and with a glass of port wine in one hand; it tastes just like grapes and is a sweet delight, a constant temptation for me but I only take small sips due to the high chance of getting drunk by this h...

I sit quietly on the leather sofa, legs crossed and with a glass of port wine in one hand; it tastes just like grapes and is a sweet delight, a constant temptation for me but I only take small sips due to the high chance of getting drunk by this high-percentage wine. It's a deep red, smooth and mesmerising as I slosh it around the crystal clear glass. I watch it intently. The open fire crackles next to me jovially, it's my only company in this grand lounge. I'm bored, not in the mood for television. I could really go for just a little company but I've already decided that it's too late to invite anyone over. I consider briefly talking to my personal server. She's a lovely woman in her mid thirties and always has an opinion to add, she's also a lot more lively after I told her I wanted her to be herself and not so formal around me. Just as I encourage my legs to move to visit her, the front door sounds from the entrance room and the sound of multiple footsteps invades the house. I can hear muffled voices, my husband asking his butler where I am most likely. A couple minutes later my husband, Mr Kim Taehyung walks into the room. He's wearing a flattering dark suit, clean black dress shoes and a rich red tie that lies stark against his crisp white dress shirt. He looks sharp as always. I feel a little flutter of delight when I see that tie, I picked it out this morning and seeing him wear it makes me idiotically giddy. Taehyung bends down to kiss my cheek before flopping tiredly into an armchair beside the fire. Mr Min Yoongi and Mr Park Jimin stroll in politely with briefcases in hand as they nod respectfully to me. They're a couple of Taehyung's business associates but also Taehyung's best friends. Both men sit on the couch facing mine and pop open their briefcases. They begin rifling through papers and taking out their laptops. I wonder why they would have a business discussion in the family lounge and not the office especially since I'm in here. Taehyung doesn't make any gesture of moving, perhaps he just expects me to excuse myself. I don't wish to bother him so I begin to hurriedly sip the wine only to have Taehyung rise from his seat and sit next to me, he pushes his side deliberately into mine; a silent plea for me to stay. He wraps his arm around my shoulders and sighs as though content.

"Talk to me boys," he says in that business tone I've come to recognise. Min Yoongi begins the lecture, a continuous stream of words fall out of his mouth of which I can't bother myself to make sense of. I'm not exactly bored anymore, I'm fully capable of entertaining myself with my own thoughts and Taehyung holding me to him keeps me anchored in this room, I don't want to leave him. We've been married only three months but I'm learning his habits and I've become aware of the particularly pleasant one where he likes skin ship after a long, tiring day of work. I tilt my head into his neck a little supplying him with the affectionate battery charge that he's so fond of.
My marriage does not stem from dramatic and fiery love, it doesn't stem from love at all; Six months ago I received the news from my parents that I was to be married to Kim Taehyung in order to fulfil my Grandparents' and his Grandparents' dearest wishes. I met him in person for the first time two months after I had heard the news, leaving me only one month with the picture of whom I was to marry. The third time I spoke to him in person was on our wedding day.
However, this isn't to say we don't care for each other. Even with this unromantic marriage I am content with Taehyung. He makes me feel at ease and even though we still don't know each other too well we're actually beginning to act like a couple. It surprised me when Taehyung started being so affectionate towards me but now I look forward to it. I have a hope that perhaps my marriage won't be quite so loveless after all.