Chapter Two

-Percy-

We got in line with the first years to get sorted into our houses. I think they were Ravenclaw for the intelligent, Hufflepuff for the loyal, Gryffindor for the brave, and Slytherin for the cunning.

If I remember correctly, Hermione is in Gryffindor, Luna is in Ravenclaw, and Draco is in Slytherin.

I honestly don't care which one I'm in, but it would be easier to look after Harry Potter if I was in Gryffindor.

Suddenly, the doors opened, and the crowd moved forward. We started toward a stool placed in front of four long tables, so everyone could see us get sorted. Lucky us.

We waited for all of the first years to get sorted before us, and then we finally heard a familiar name.

"Chase, Annabeth!"

-Harry-

I still don't trust any of them. If they are sorted into Slytherin then I will know for sure that they are Death Eaters like Ron said.

I don't know why Hermione is protecting them, but it's confusing and kind of infuriating. They called her "'Mione" like they were her best friends, and not us. Besides they can't have gone through as much stuff with her as Ron and I have.

"Chase, Annabeth!" Professor McGonagall said loudly.

The pretty blonde moved toward the sorting hat, and sat down. The hat was placed on her head, and after about 3 minutes, the hat finally decided.

"GRYFFINDOR!" It screamed.

What? But they're Death Eaters and Death Eaters do not get sorted into Gryffindor!

Annabeth came and sat down next to Hermione, after asking Ron to move over, who didn't look happy about it.

The next exchange student was called forward.

"Di' Angelo, Nico!"

He was definitely going to Slytherin, he had an aura of death around him, and the shadows seemed to follow him. If that doesn't spell Death Eater then I don't know what does.

Nico sat down on the stool and the hat was shoved onto his head. It weighed the options for longer than Annabeth's! Probably about 5 minutes! Everyone was whispering with excitement and confusion, when finally the hat made up his mind.

"GRYFFINDOR!" It shouted.

What?? That doesn't make sense! He is obviously a Death Eater. What is going on!

Nico walked to our table, and promptly sat down next to me, separating me and Ginny. The nerve.

"Grace, Thalia!"

This girl had a shirt that said "Death to Barbie", a silver parka over it, and was wearing... A tiara? I almost laughed out loud! She wants to be a pretty little princess?

But the look on her face instantly got rid of all thoughts of her being a "pretty princess." That look said "Don't mess with me, you will regret it."

Thalia sat down on the stool, and placed the Sorting Hat on her head. After about 30 seconds, it screamed it's answer.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Again? I'm thinking this is a little too perfect for them...

Thalia walked over and plopped down in between Nico and I, and waited for Percy to be sorted.

Ugh, Percy. He acted like he had been through hell and back. He acted like he had been through more than anyone should be. He wouldn't even know how my life has been. His life is probably near perfect next to mine.