Chapter Five

-Percy-

After class with Chiron for DADA, us demigods headed to Potions, where we did brilliantly, as always.

Then we went to the common room to hang out during our free period before lunch. We saw the Golden Duo there playing exploding snap, as we sat down in some arm chairs to chat.

"Hey Thalia, which subject is your favorite so far?" Hermione asked excitedly.

"Well--" Thalia was interrupted when Harry and Ron walked over. They were really annoying me lately.

"Hello weird new wizards." Ron said.

"We've just come over to ask you a few simple questions." Harry said in a smug voice.

-Harry-

I was going to show Hermione that the new wizards weren't as great as I was! I've defeated the most evil wizard of all time! Beat that!

"Okay, then..." Percy said, "Go right ahead."

Showtime.

"How many powerful wizards have you defeated?" I asked.

"None, but there was this titan lord... oh yeah, and you can't forget the primordial mother..." Percy replied nonchalantly, and under his breath, but I heard it.

"What?" Ron asked.

"Nothing!" Nico said quickly.

"Whatever," I said, "How many Great Prophecies have you been the main subject in? I've been in one."

There's no way they could beat me in this one!

"You've only been in one?" Percy asked mockingly, "I've been in two big ones, and a bunch of smaller ones."

WHAT?!

"WHAT?!" Ron screeched.

"One Great Prophecy, and all the smaller ones Percy has also been in." Annabeth said, looking at her nails.

"A few small ones." Thalia and Nico said together.

"I've only been in one small prophecy myself." Hermione piped up.

Hermione's been in one?

"Hermione! You've been in one and you never told us?" Ron yelled incredulously.

"Well, they're not a big deal where I come from, I mean when they're smaller." Hermione replied matter-of-factly.

"What do you mean where you come from?" I asked her suspiciously.

"Nevermind, Harry what are you trying to prove by doing this?" Hermione replied.

"Well my life has been hell, and I don't suppose their life has been bad at all! Living in a house with your parents your whole life! Well I've never even seen my parents since I was one year old. Because they're DEAD," I said near tears, "Because while you have been sitting at home hanging out with your living parents, I've been here fighting for my life, which is probably something you've never had to do." I finished.

All the wizards stood up, and the lighting seemed to dim, and the air filled up with electricity, Percy's eyes looked like a storm at sea, and Annabeth's a very stormy grey that seemed to get even darker.

Nico whispered to himself, "Oh gods, let me please kill this one stupid wizard?"

Wonder what that's about. But I didn't have time to think about that, because Percy sounded pissed off, and I was going to be yelled at.

"Alright Mr. Chosen One. I'll have you know that our life has been way less than perfect. Annabeth here ran away when she was 7, because her family wouldn't accept her. So she left and found Thalia, who also ran away, because her mother abused her, and her little brother Jason, who she had to leave behind. Nico here, was abandoned at a casino at the age of 10, and stayed there for weeks before a lawyer for his dad came and shipped him off to school with his sister Bianca, who by the way, was murdered that same year. We have been through so much, and for you to come here and tell us that we've had perfect little lives is sick." Percy spat.

"Whatever, so you've been abused and stuff, you got away!" Ron said shrugging it off.

"What I've done alone will give you nightmares, what all of us combined have had to do, will end up with you in an insane asylum." Annabeth replied, just as angry.

Then they all stormed out, with equally angered faces, muttering about monsters and wars and stuff.

Ron and I followed them, and they ended up by the Forbidden Forest.

"You're not allowed in there, smart one." I shouted to Annabeth, who turned around slowly.

I gulped as I saw her face which seemed like it said, That was the last straw, now you're dead.

Percy had to hold her back, as Nico walked up to Ron and I.

"QUIT FOLLOWING US YOU STALKERS!" Thalia yelled at us.

"Listen here, nothing in there scares us." Nico said slowly like we were toddlers.

"Well I've been in there, and what I saw in there gave me nightmares so I couldn't sleep for a week," I retorted, "And I've faced Voldemort."

"Well we weren't going to sleep anyways, but that's beside the point. I don't even care if there's a hydra in there! It's scary to anyone here, so they won't go in, henceforth making it the best place to get away from stupid wizards like you! Now goodbye Barry Plopper." Nico said.

I hate them, besides, what the heck is a hydra?

Ron and I left them to their own doom to go talk to Dumbledore about them. They were too strange. Perhaps even a new dark force. But Dumbledore knew what to do!

-Annabeth-

Who did that guy think he was? We have literally been to hell and back. I know they don't know that, but it still annoyed the heck out of me.

We went into the forest after the stupid boys stormed off to Zeus knew where.

"Hermione how could you stand them?" Thalia asked disgustedly.

"I have no clue. Now let's go train! I haven't in so long! I'll probably be a little rusty." Hermione replied.

Hermione was my favorite little sister, she was a little odd, since she had a weird quest, and hadn't been at camp in a while, but she understood me, and I had missed her.

"Alright, guys. Let's train!" Nico said as we all drew our weapons and began.

We trained for the rest of the free period, headed to lunch, and successfully dodged the Golden Duo the rest of the day. They were really getting on my nerves.

We had to do something about them. And fast.