Chapter Seven

-Annabeth-

After lunch, all the demigods decided to go to the Forbidden Forest to train, since we had nothing better to do, and we knew we didn't want to do any homework. Well, except for me, who actually liked school.

We almost disappeared into the forest, when the Golden Duo yelled our names.

"Percy! Annabeth! Thalia! Nico!" They said together.

"What are you?" Harry Plooper asked.

"What do you mean, 'What are we?' We're wizards, if you couldn't already tell!" Nico said, a little nervously.

"Well, duh, you're wizards." Ron said in a 'duh' tone.

"Are you dark wizards?" Harry asked again.

"NO!" This kid needed to lay off.

"LEAVE US ALONE WE WILL NOT BACK DOWN NEXT TIME!" Thalia growled.

-Harry-

That's when I remembered something Dumbledore said to me. 'They will not back down from a fight.'

Yeah, well they're not so tough now are they? Backing down already! Ha!

"Yeah right! You're backing down right now aren't you?" I laughed.

But that's when everything went wrong.

Thalia tapped her bracelet and a huge shield popped out with the ugliest face I ever imagined plastered on it. I took a few steps back just looking at it!

Percy took out his pen, and twirled it in his fingers, Nico was slowly twisting his skull ring, and Annabeth had a hand on her belt.

Ron and I did the only logical thing you could do in a situation like that. We ran for it.

And that's when I realized that we weren't going to get any answers by forcing them out of the exchange students!

We had to befriend them!

-Percy-

After training we went to History of Magic. It sounded pretty boring, so I hoped I could get a quick nap in before dinner.

But when we arrived in the classroom, we saw a ghost. Literally. Like he was the teacher. I glanced at Nico, and he looked pissed.

We sat down in our seats, and more students filed in until the class was ready to begin. The ghost looked up and scanned the students faces. He stopped and his eyes widened as he saw Nico.

"Uh m-my lord! H-How are y-y-you, today? Your father doing well?" The ghost said very nervously.

"Alright, Binns. Come with me. We need to talk." Nico replied back, scowling.

Nico walked up and grabbed Binns' arm and marched out into the hallway. We were mildly surprised but then we remembered it was his job, being the Ghost King and all.

Nico came back in with Binns looking even paler, if that was even possible.

"Over a hundred ghosts... Stupid paperwork... Dad's gonna be ticked..." Nico muttered and opened up his book.

We turned back to the front and we saw the whole class staring at us in amazement and suspicion.

"Alright, alright. Nothing to see here! Quit staring at us!" Thalia snapped at them.

They all turned around but Ron and Plooper still stared at us with completely stupefied faces.

The class ended, and we were about to go to dinner, but Nico said he needed to talk to Binns again and tell him to tell the other ghosts not to blow his cover.

We waited outside the classroom for him to finish threatening or whatever he was doing, when the Golden Duo sauntered up to us. Again.

"What do you want now?" I said sassily.

"We've decided that we want to be your friends." Harry said.

Yeah right.

"Really?" Annabeth said, I knew she hadn't bought it either.

"Yeah really! We feel bad about all the things we said before and we would like to let bygones be bygones." Ron said.

"One sec." Thalia said, and we all huddled up.

"I really don't believe that they want to be friends, I'll bet that they want to get close to us to figure out what we're hiding." Annabeth said in Greek.

"Yeah, I don't believe it either. Annabeth's usually right, so I think that what she says is right." I replied back in Greek.

"Let's pretend to be their friend too! So they'll think nothing is wrong once they get to know us! We can't let them figure out our secret, or the whole quest will be over!" Thalia stated in Greek.

"Alright. That sounds like a good plan." Nico said in Greek, and we turned back to the wizards.

"Alright, I guess we'll forgive you. But no more stupid questions about us being dark wizards or Death Eaters or whatever. Besides who would want to eat Thanatos?" I told them.

Annabeth slapped me and muttered, "No Greek references, Seaweed Brain!" under her breath in Greek.

Oopsies, oh well. They didn't look suspicious, just really confused. Haha.

"Well. Friends... We have a few questions for you. I promise that they aren't about you being evil because we know you aren't." They didn't look so sure.

"Alright then... Ask away." Annabeth said.

Deja Vu.

"What's with your stupid nicknames?" Ron asked tactlessly.

I gritted my teeth and replied, "My nickname is Seaweed Brain or Kelp Head, because APPARENTLY I'm not very smart, and I love the sea."

"Mine is Wise Girl or Owl Face, because I'm smart, and I love the post owls." Annabeth said creatively.

"Mine is Pinecone Face because I ran into a pine tree when I was younger." Thalia said.

"And mine is Death Breath because... Well, I don't really know why. Percy, why is mine Death Breath?" Nico asked mockingly.

"Yours is Death Breath because you raise the dead with your creepy sword and also because the shadows love you and you're creepy sometimes." I replied straight-faced.

The two wizards stood there with their jaws dropped to the floor.

"I'm only kidding! Jeez, can't take a joke can you!" I teased the Duo.

Us demigods were just dying of laughter over here, well, except Nico, who looked pretty annoyed with me.

"Nah, his is Death Breath because he has... Horrible breath in the morning." I said.

If possible Nico looked even more annoyed. But that's when all us demigods lost it, we were rolling on the floor laughing.

Nico just rolled his eyes and said something about, "Stupid cousins."

"Ooh I know! Let's play truth or dare!" Ron suggested excitedly.

"Okay, but let's call Hermione down. I think she's doing her homework. I'll be right back." Annabeth said.

She went up into our room, and came out with Hermione.

"Who's ready to play truth or dare?"