Chapter 15

Lemon
I was almost done with the food when I got a call from Ihsan, my neighbor's daughter back in Sokoto. She told me about Ibrahim's visit to my place and how furious he had been. She had overheard him making a phone call, saying he was going to Kaduna.

Tension set in me immediately and my first instinct was to call Black. I quickly told Rabiu all she had said and he grabbed for his phone from the side stool. I waited and watched as he dialed Black's contact. Apparently, we were thinking the same thing.

"He's not picking his calls." Rabiu said. Already alarmed.

" He could be on the farm," I said.

Trying my best to not imagine the worst. I didn't know Ibrahim much but from what Ihsan had said, I was scared to my bones. I asked Rabiu to call his Dad to find out if Black was at the farm. At least that possibility made me worry less until Rabiu's Dad said Black had left 30minutes earlier. I didn't need to hear anymore. I started walking out of the house. Not sure where I was headed but I was certain of one thing, I needed to find Black.

"Where on earth are you going to?" He screamed.

" I have to find him" I replied. I was already at the gate. The Hassan's had never bothered with security guards. Dad always boasted about how he had boys and they could take care of the house. The memory was so beautiful, I felt tears threatening to pour. Black had to be fine. He had to be. I would never forgive myself if something happened to him.

I looked at Rabiu while he kept talking for what seemed to be forever. I wasn't seeing him though, my mind had wandered far far away. He seemed as lost as I was, we knew, in the depth of our souls, something was wrong. Very very wrong.

"Don't stop me please, if I'm not back in 20 minutes, call the inspector"

I opened the gate and walked out. I had to find Black. I had already born a great loss once. A part of me had died with my parents. If anything happened to Black, nothing would be left.

Black

I honked at the car in front of me. I had already done that about six times, but who was counting. Though if I had to one more time, I might just get down and walk the rest of the way. I was in too much of a good mood, Lemon was back and mine once again. I couldn't thank Allah enough. Life was beginning to go the way I wanted.

I made the last turn before my street. It was one of the loneliest Streets in Rimi Drive. Though Rimi Drive was known to be quiet always with very few people around. This one was far worse, all the houses were very big and definitely had sophisticated families who rarely needed to leave the house for any reason. For the first time in all the years, I had taken the route, I was wary and a bit uneasy too.

Not long I knew the cause of my uneasy feeling. Upon entering the street, I noticed two tinted sedan cars parked at opposite sides of the street. I knew trouble when I saw it. I quickly reversed so I would be able to turn but I met with another car behind me. I hadn't even noticed when it appeared. Was I followed?

I looked at the driver in the car behind me from my rear mirror, he stepped out of the car and flashed a gun. I settled back in my chair, took a deep breath, and made a silent prayer. I took my phone and quickly dialed the inspector's number that Dad gave me. By the time he picked I knew the guy with the gun would have gotten to my car so I sent him a text informing him of my whereabouts and telling him to only listen and say nothing on the call then redialed his contact. I quickly glanced at the rare mirror once again. The gunman was already in my car. I took one more deep breath and walked out of the safety of my car.

Immediately he pulled me by the collar and shoved me forward, towards the other cars. As we approached them, I wondered how no one decided to come out from any of the houses even by chance, today was not my lucky day.