Arc 1.8

"Karina?"

"Zachary?"

There was no doubt that this world's Lucas' and Zachary's look and physique are quite similar. The system already told him before that the bodies he'll be using will be same or similar to his original body. Zachary never thought of the possibility that he might encounter someone from his original life. For a few seconds, he thought he's just imagining things, but the woman said his name, so it's gotta be her right?

That and he'll always remember that irritating just-woke-up red hair anywhere.

Gabriel's grip on his waist momentarily weakened, so Lucas took his chance to get away from him and go towards to woman. Karina's eyes brightened and she also went towards Lucas.

"Ryry!" she said.(Nine: it's read Rai-Rai)

"Ri!" Zach responded. As they were about to collide, the host suddenly locked Karina's neck with his arm, effectively choking her. Karina struggled and continuously slapped Zach's arm to make him let go of her. Zach winced a little but didn't let go.

"I thought I told you, don't die without telling me." he whispered in her ears.

"L-let go! I'm s-sorry!" the poor woman exclaimed. Zach let's go of her and she kneels on the ground coughing. Karina glared at the man but he only grinned.

A deep voice interrupted them, "Rose Cole, you're acquainted with Lucas?" Gabriel asked with an unreadable expression. 'Rose' gulped. She saluted then nodded. "Yes, sir!" Zach's eyes widened.

The former lieutenant glared at her his 'shut-up-our-bodies-aren't-supposed-to-know-each-other' glare trying to get his message across. Karina noticed and sent a glare back to him. The 'bitch-you-think-I-care' glare.

Gabriel noticed their exchange and loudly cleared his throat. "And the two of you are?" he asked, his eyes revealing a dark glint.

Zach opened his mouth to answer but Karina beat him to it, "He's my husband." she answered confidently. The atmosphere in the portable room suddenly became cold.

Lucas doesn't know why but the coldness is seemingly coming from Gabriel and the Alpha looks angry. He nudged Karina's side with his elbow to make her shut up. Lucas laughed nervously, he doesn't know how to deal with an unusually angry Gabriel so might as well try to leave.

"Uhmm, look General, Rose and I have to go---" he tried to reason but he was interrupted.

"Husband you say? I don't remember him being married." Gabriel spoke looking very serious and unhappy. Zach felt very nervous, he might have been pushing Gabriel around but he doesn't know what to do around an angry general.

Gabriel glared at Karina and Karina glared back. Lucas stood in between the two of them, "Uhm General Holland, I really think it's wiser for you to prioritize knowing why the king wanted to speak with you. Wouldn't want to keep His Majesty waiting."

"He's right, General." Kellin, who felt neglected, interrupted. Jia found confidence and spoke too, "Gabriel, how could you let these people disrespect---"

"The only person disrespecting me here is you, Agent Curtis. I don't remember us getting familiar with each other, know your place." Gabriel sternly stated. The female lead was given with no choice but to submit. Zach tried not to smirk at Agent Barbie Doll's display of fear.

"General! The King shouldn't wait!" Lieutenant Kellin exclaimed, really done with everything that happened today.

Gabriel felt conflicted on whether he should or shouldn't go to the King. He shouldn't because if he left his precious Lucas in the hands of this too trusting lieutenant and the woman who claims to be his future wife's wife, he'll feel too uneasy he might end up flipping a table in front of His Majesty. He doesn't know any reason why he should go to the King.

Kellin knew the General's habit of putting aside things he should prioritize so he whispered to Gabriel, "If you go to the King and tell him about Grimm's role for today's success against the enemies, he'll probably decree for him to join South Army and be married to you."

Even though Kellin spouted nonsense, the Gabriel he talked to wasn't sane enough to not believe and immediately took off towards His Majesty's palace.

"We'll go too. I'm taking the day off!" 'Rose' shouted and dragged Lucas out of the room. Kellin only sighed, his boss and colleague are too much to handle.

And so, Jia was ignored. #Iamthefemaleleaddonotignoremewuwuwu

---
It's short I know but I badly wanted to give you guys an update and let you know I AM NOT DEAD YET *plays I'm Alive by Becca*

Thanks for the reads, votes and comments!!!!! This not dead yet author appreciates very much!! I'm sorry if I can't reply too each of you or thank you personally but 😄😄😄THANK YOU😄😄😄