Arc 1.9

'Tis Zach guys! A visual finally!👆
---

They ignored her. The beautiful and perfect Agent Jia Curtis was ignored because of that Beta I!

Jia entered her house with a frown. That freaking Lucas ruined her chances to impress Alpha Gabriel! And her plan was stopped too! All the female lead wanted to do now was squeeze that Beta I like the lice he is. Ugh!

She let out a frustrated sigh as she sat on her couch, then laughed. (Nine: I know, she's crazy)

"AS IF THAT GRIMM BETA'S BETTER THAN ME!" she exclaimed, still laughing hysterically. Hearing her laugh, a tall figure, seemingly an Alpha, appeared from one of the rooms and captured her lips in a kiss. Jia didn't hesitate to kiss back. The man pulled away and grabbed Jia by her waist.

"Dear, don't get so frustrated over a nothing like him. We'll do your plan again next time." the Alpha stated and continued his make out session with the agent. Things get too hot and they take it to bed.

Obviously, the agent wasn't innocent anymore since a long time ago.

-

Zach shivered, "I feel like someone's insulting me." Karina stared at him with a deadpanned expression, "Maybe Zarina's insulting you."

The host couldn't help but feel sad upon hearing their daughter's name. The memories of minutes before his death played in his mind like a movie. His daughter's crying-but-trying-hard-to-smile-for-him face made Zach wish that he didn't die that day. It made him think of what could've happened if he didn't.

Despite how he looks, and how he acts, Zachary was pretty far from a mentally strong person. He was stubborn, hard headed, a manipulator at most times, considered working as a scammer one time, heck, he could even be a con artist if he wanted, but all of that didn't prove that he was mentally alert and ready. His skills were mostly to convince himself that he was useful. He had them to be able to say he has purpose.

In his country, orphans weren't uncommon. 1 in every 16 children was an orphan. He was one of them ever since he was born. Not that he knew right off. He was adopted as an infant.

He grew in a peaceful home with two mothers. His parents never told him he was adopted, not because they didn't want to, but because they probably knew he is too smart for a child that he already knew. Zach can't say it's weird having two female parents because he never had other parents than them, obviously. If anything he was glad he had his Mother and Mama than anyone else.

He confirmed that the world isn't as open minded as they said when he entered first grade. At first there were other kids who talked and played with him, but after that one single PTA meeting, they avoided him like the plague. He even overheard them tell their children that he was a child with disease and they should not go near him. The stupid kids did as they were told, except one.

This bed headed woman in front of him. This same girl who bothered him until Zach agreed to play with her. The girl who would blackmail him into teaching her Mathematics. The girl who was the sassiest person he ever knew. The woman who never left his side even when his parents died in a crash.

Without Karina, he probably wouldn't be able to adapt with this harsh world. He would never know how to overcome the messed up fate he was doomed to have.

He's been here for more than a month and only now did it sink in to him that he was literally given a second chance to live with the most complicated conditions ever.

"Ry, you okay?" Karina asked worried when her bestfriend/husband was suddenly silent. Zachary shook his head and pulled Karina in his embrace, burying his face where her neck and shoulders meet.

"According to our vows, 'Till death do us part' right? So technically we're still married? 'Cause we didn't die?"

"Stop being an idiot."

"Stop burning every damn dish on your pan then." Zach mumbles and smirks when Karina playfully hits his head. Having this crazy girl around does take his mind off of things.

"Now that I think of it, how come you're here too?"

-

Turns out, Karina became something called a Matchmaker after she died, and Zach found out he was actually called a World Wrecker. Like, these were an official title for them. Even though she explained what a Matchmaker does, the host didn't and won't understand her task. Trust Karina to confuse him.

His bestfriend's current body was apparently an Alpha female who serves the SOA in behalf of the Special Tasks Unit. She didn't have Jia Curtis as her mission's 'Child Of Fate'. Karina was already finished with her main task and was only enjoying a lifetime in this world.

"I don't understand how you get to be an Alpha." Zach complained and repeatedly tried to squish Karina's very much existing muscles on her arm (while muttering that she's unfair)(and Karina hearing him and answering that no, she had no control over this).

"Well, I don't understand why you wouldn't be an Omega." Karina sassily replied. Zach rolled his eyes at her. "I'm the husband, you should be the Omega."

The woman gasped, "Okay Ry, one, that's a very sexist statement and two, I dominate this relationship and you know it."

Zach was about to answer back when Karina's phone rang. She gestured for her best friend to keep quiet to which he rolled his eyes at for the second time.

"Yes, Chief?"

Zach could hear faint yelling from the other side of the line. The duo winced as they both heard a very audible "Get your ass here, pronto!" before hanging up. Karina looked at him.

"Oops."

"Oops it is. Thank goodness I resigned. Science is more easier to deal with."

"Yeah right Mr. I-won't-pass-if-you-don't-let-me-copy."

"Science was my enemy and will be my new best friend if you don't get out."

Karina chuckled, gave Zach a contact number and collected her things before exiting his unit. The host quietly chuckled too, looked at the time to find out it was nearing dinner and decided he should cook already.

A few minutes as he waited for the pasta to cook(he decided to have carbonara for tonight), his unit door opened and he wondered if Karina left something. "Ri, you left something?" He asked from the kitchen. When no one answered, he went to the living room only to see that it was not his best friend who entered.

---
This is a little short, sorry for that and sorry for the two months without update😅

Anyway I was making a special chap for Zach and Karina on how was their married life so...

Don't worry! I still very much ship with Zach with his man I just find Karina a very interesting character to write. Next chap would be about YAOI (BWAHAHA) so yeah, don't worry.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Maligayang Pasko at Masaganang Bagong Taon from Philippines!