Special Chapter: Zach and Karina

Karina^^
---

The pair sat on the bed awkwardly. The room was filled with a romantic air, the rose petals adding to the atmosphere. If they were an actual couple they would've made passionate love by now, but they're only a pair of best friends. It's so awkward.

"No, I'm definitely not doing this!" a white haired young man shouted, frustration and embarrassment shown on his face. The woman beside him rolled her eyes at her best friend's antics and laid on the bed, enjoying how soft and comfy it felt.

Yesterday had been their wedding day, and the pair went through it half-heartedly. The ceremony and reception passed by a blur and they found themselves in a plane with an island as their destination. Huh.

About 5 months ago was Zach's 30th birthday and Karina jokingly proposed for him to marry her. ("See? I was definitely the man in this relationship.""Shut up.") The two had sworn an oath back when they were still acne-faced teenagers bitter about Valentine's day that if they reach the age of 30 without having a potential lifetime partner, they would marry each other. It was childish and very stupid of an oath but look at where it brought them to now.

Karina 'proposed' with a thought of just making memory for her and her best friend to laugh at. Who would've thought that her parents would cheer for them and actually quickly arrange the plans for the wedding?

The pair were initially dumbfounded but reluctantly accepted the sudden events when Karina's mother showed no signs of stopping with the wedding plans. The preparations were not so draining that even though Zach and Karina individually had jobs to do along with the wedding arrangements they still had the time to go out for their usual arcade wars.

Wedding planning wasn't as stressful as Zach heard it would be. He had friends who constantly complained to him when they were about to get married. Venue hunting, taking their suit and gown measurements, food tasting, taking care of the invitations etcetera was actually fun for him, though none of the catering companies satisfied his tastes and he just decided that he would be the one to cook all the dishes for their reception.

If anything, Zach and Karina did the arrangements for fun. Zach's suit looked more like something you would find in an idol magazine than an actual tuxedo. Karina's gown wasn't that much of gown when she requested it to be an elegant tube mermaid dress.

When they were asked what color should their wedding have, they both said green. Their wedding theme ended to be about nature, therefore having their invitation designed with 'vines' and 'leaves'. It's simple yet elegant and they both wanted it that way.

They didn't want a too religious wedding in a church and instead held it in one of their favorite beaches. The vows were anything but serious, and more of a promise from a bestfriend  to another. Their rings were their "bff" rings they got each other after their first paychecks that were remodeled for this event.

And thus led them here, in this pricey 5-star hotel suite in a resort/island they picked for their honeymoon.

"Why did we do this?" Zach asked before deciding to lie down on the bed as well. Karina faced him and snickered.

"Because we're both lonely single souls and I made the mistake to propose?" They both sighed and stared at the ceiling. What were they supposed to do now?

Before they boarded the plane to this island, Karina's mother yelled at them to 'Go and make kids!'. Definitely encouraging them to go through this "honeymoon" phase with Karina pregnant.

Zach grunted and faced his best friend, now wife, as well. "Maybe we should try?" He stated sounding unsure. Karina shrugged, "You're right Z," She said. "Maybe we should?" She added.

The two sat up immediately. Zach inhaled a deep breath and leaned towards Karina. She leaned too. Their lips were barely an inch from each other when they both leaned back away, Zach looking like he just ate crap and Karina making fake puking sounds.

"You know what? Artificial insemination sounds better. I'll pay, provide the sperm and you go be moody for nine months. Deal?"

"Deal. And let me decide their name."

And so, Zarina was born two years later.

---
Hi guys!! Long time no uhm... Update yo! I'm very sorry. To be honest I was considering putting one of my stories in hiatus. It's just that nothing kicks in and I don't know what to write. I already laid down the plot of every arc but I'm still stuck. Sorry. I'll come back soon, I hope.

Anyway, happy 1 year anniversary to SYSTEM: C.H.A.O.S. my baby!!! Yes, it's already been a year and I still haven't gone pass arc 1. Sigh.

Also, any Filipinos who studies at PCU here? I need help hehe...

Nine