Chapter 6

[Reader's POV]

Lucy and I both throw our head backs in laughter as we talk about our childhood. "Remember," I wheeze, "When you and I were on that swim team? And you fell off off of the block, straight onto the concrete?"

Lucy screams and nods her head. "I had a giant bruise on my ass for a week!" She responds.

The next couple of minutes consist of Lucy and I slapping each other in the arm out of laughter and excitement.

Unfortunately the fun had to come to an end. "What the fuck are you two doing out here?" Jungkook asks as he finally ventures out of his room, Namjoon shortly behind him. "You both sound like broken squeaker toy."

Lucy snorts causing me to slap her arm. "Oh leave us alone and go back to the room with your friend. You're just jealous we're enjoying ourselves." I stick my tongue out causing him to roll his eyes and for Namjoon to chuckle.

"She's right Kook, let's just go back to the room." Namjoon said grabbing onto his arm and dragging him back to our room.

I look over at Lucy who just shrugs her shoulders. "Maybe they have something important to talk about? Maybe why he's here?"

"Who know's with that boy, all I care about is keeping him alive and out of harms way like instructed." I explain. Lucy nods her head.

It was quiet for a bit, the only sound being the clicking of the fan and the boys' muffled talking coming from the other room.

What do you think Jungkook did to put us in this situation? Kill someone? Steal? Upset? Disobey? He also couldn't have done anything and I'm just being paranoid for no reason.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if he admits me did do something, that boy has all sorts of things hidden up his sleeve.

I don't even know the half of it.

|

[Jungkook's POV]

"You have to tell her at some point Jungkook, she's going to get suspicious. Hell, she probably already is!"

I sigh and rub the sides of my head. "Don't you think I know that Namjoon? I know I need to tell her but her boss said not to tell her until I think she is truly ready to know the real danger she is in." I explain.

"What's going to happen when they come out to get you? And what if she doesn't know by then?" He asked.

"Then she's just going to have to go with the flow and trust me for once in her life. I'll tell her, right now just isn't the right time." I say.

Namjoon nodded his head and patted my back. "I trust you, just please don't fuck this up,"

He grabbed his phone from the bed and walked towards the door to leave. "Oh and one more thing, apologize to her as well? I don't want to hear you complain how big of a brat she is when you're the cause." He said before leaving.

I roll my eyes as the front door downstairs shut, the apartment becoming oddly quiet. "Y/n?" I yell but no response.

Deciding to go downstairs I make my way out to the hallway and down to the kitchen, where Y/n stood making dinner.

"Want any?" She asked turning around but I deny her offer. She just shrugged. "Whatever you say, don't complain when you're hungry later."

I chuckle. "I won't," I say taking a seat at the counter. "Can I...talk to you?" I asked. Now was the time for me to apologize to her for all the shit I gave her.

Might as well cross off one of the many things Namjoon has told me to do.

"Sure what is it?" She asked grabbing a plate and setting the food onto it. As soon as she sat down with her plate of food I started my apology.

"I wanted to apologize. For all the shit I gave you back when you first joined the police force. You didn't deserve it, especially since you've come a long way," I explain. Her eyes had widened. "And I thought since we're going to be spending the next ten months together we could start over, as friends." I smile.

Y/n shook her head and rubbed her face. "If this is another one of your jokes to make me look stupid-"

I shook my hands. "No! Oh god no! I'm sorry if it seems that way but it really isn't, I genuinely want to start over with you and become closer." I admit, my cheeks unknowingly turn pink.

Y/n chuckes. "Okay, I believe you and want to start over as well." She set her fork down and pushed her hand towards me. "My name is L/n Y/n, you are?"

I smile and latch my hand onto hers. "Jeon Jungkook, nice to meet you."

||

(UNEDITED)

Wow i am so sorry for the late update??? Also the swimming thing is real and has happened to me. It sucked msksk

Anyway i hope you had a good day, mine sucked at first but later became great:)

Thanks for reading!