Chapter 8

[Reader's POV]

I stood from the floor and watched as the door opened, Jungkook standing to the side to let me through. "Fine, take a seat." He said.

I walk in and sit myself down on my bed, waiting for him to continue. Jungkook shut the door and sat down in front of me.

Then there was silence.

It's like he was nervous to tell me. Like if he did something bad is going to happen, obviously there is but you get the point.

"I was eighteen." He started. "Eighteen when my mom got remarried to a jackass, an abuser." My heart dropped to my stomach.

"Jungkook I'm-"

"Let me finish before you decide to take pitty on me," He snapped and I nodded my head, letting him finish. "First it was the threats he gave towards me. How he was going to beat me if I didn't keep my grades up or if I go past curfew one last time," He chuckled.

How can he be chuckling at a time like this?

He continued, "One day he decided to hit me, finally. My mom didn't see it, of course but what she did see was that I fought back, punched him in the nose as hard as I could." He explained.

"Damn..." I mumble.

"She didn't talk to me for a couple of days, when she did I snapped at her for marrying such an abusive person. Little did I know that was the last time I'd talk to her." His voice went quiet and so did the room.

My hands started to shake as I thought why, why was it the last time? "What happened?" I asked with hesitation, knowing this is probably already very hard for him to get out.

"He killed her," He said, causing me to look down at my lap in sorrow. Oh Jungkook... "And he blamed me. Blamed me for my own mothers murder."

As soon as that sentence left his mouth everything came together. Jungkook was sentenced to twenty-five years in prison for murder and it wasn't even his own fault....

"Jungkook I am so sorry." I whispered. When I looked up I could see tears in his eyes, he suffered for three years in a cold cell for something he didn't even do, his stepfather should be the one in there.

Not him.

Jungkook wiped his eyes and shook his head before continuing. "I never knew why he hated me, probably because he knew I was my mother's favorite, that she would drop everything for me," He lo lightly chuckles. "Now three years later he's out for me again and I have no clue as to why. He got what he wanted, what more does he want?"

"Maybe to finish things off." I say, Jungkook raised his brow. "You're still alive Jungkook, he probably wanted you dead, think about it."

Jungkook nodded his head slowly. "You're right, he did want me dead."

I bring my hands up to my face and rub my eyes. This had been so much to take in I didn't have time to think of a solution.

"What're we going to do Jungkook? We can't just sit here and wait for him to attack, we don't know when he will." I say.

"That's why we have ten months together, in one of those ten months he will attack. But as of right now we have to trust each other and watch each other's backs," He explained, "I'm so sorry you were dragged into this Y/n, you don't deserve to be in this kind of danger."

I shake my head and lean close to him. "I'm doing my job, and my job is to keep you safe no matter what. I should be the one that's sorry. Everything will be okay if we just trust and watch out for each other, ok?"

Jungkook nodded his head. I slap his knee and stand up from my bed, deciding to go downstairs and relax for a bit.

Before I could make it out the door a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist, a head resting itself on my shoulder. "Jungkook-"

"Thank you." He whispered in my ear. I turn around and wrap my arms around his shoulder, resting my cheek against his shoulder.

It was then that we both realized that the trust we needed, was already there, strong as it could be.

||

(UNEDITED)

What a shitty chapter, im sorry :(

Thanks for reading!