Chapter 10

[Reader's POV]

"Y'know, she looks a lot nicer when she's asleep," Someone chuckles. 

"I'm sure she's nice all the time, you're just a dick." I wake up to the sound of someone yelling and a hard slap. I sit up from my spot on the couch and squint my eyes to the three boys standing above me. "Morning sunshine." Jin said.

 I groan and throw myself back onto the couch. "Go away." I moan. Jungkook chuckles as he leans over the back of the couch.

"In order for you to not get fired and for me to not go back to prison, for by the way no reason, you have to come home with Jin and I." He stated. I let out a long sigh before proceeding to get off the couch.

Taehyung chuckled as he gave me a hug. "Did you tell them where I was?" I asked and he shook his head with widened eyes.

"I would never! Who know's what you would do to me if I did." He said whispering the last few words. I patted Taehyung on the back before leaving with the two boys.

I sat myself in the backseat of the car with a big huff. "Why can't I just stay with Taehyung? It's not like anything is happening yet," I say, Jungkook whispering the word 'yet'. "Besides if anything were to happen I could just race on over."

"Y/n the whole point of this mission is for you to keep an eye on Jungkook 24/7 until whoever is out to get him is caught or taken care of. If you're staying with Taehyung the entire time there isn't any point, so I suggest you get the stick out of your ass and at least try to make the best of it." Jin said.

"I mean, he has a point." Jungkook whispered. I nodded my head and let my attention fall onto my lap, where it stayed the rest of the ride home.

|

Unfortunate for me, Jin had already informed my boss of the situation, meaning I have my first and final warning. Hmph, what a snitch. Jungkook on the other hand had told me not to worry about to too much, that i'll forget about it and not make the same mistake twice.

Let's hope he's right.

Jungkook and I sat in silence, the sound of the fan clicking and the heat turning on being the only sound in the room. It wasn't awkward, it was nice. It felt like he and I needed this silence and that we're probably going to be having more moments like this in the future.

In the future, what a weird, thoughtful sentence.

Do I see a future with Jeon Jungkook? I ask myself that every once in a while. We had been living with each other for a few weeks now and it seemed to me that it's a large possibility.  As friends? Sure. As coworkers? Maybe. As lovers? Possibly. 

Whatever happens between Jungkook and I in the future is hopefully going to benefit either of us in some way, whether it be as friends or lovers. But as of right now the only thing I'm worried about is our situation and how we're going to solve it.

Together.

"What're you thinking about?" Jungkook asked, seeing as it was time to finally break the silence that lingered before us. I lean my head on the back of the couch and turn to look at him.

"Nothing special," I smile. "What about you? What goes on in that small head of yours?" Jungkook laughed.

"Nothing special," He laughed. "Just some thoughts about the past and future. What I could've done and what I can do to make it better I guess." He said. Hm interesting, I guess we have the same mindset right now. 

"Do you think we'll be in each other's future?" I ask. Jungkook shrugs his shoulders.

"Depends, do you want to be in each other's future? If so, what as?" I chuckle and shrug my shoulders. "We could be the greatest of friends or we could be that weird couple that somehow ended up together." We both laugh.

"I guess we have to see where the world takes us." I whispered. Jungkook nodded his head, his hand reaching out and moving a strand of hair that had fallen back into place.

We go quiet again before he chuckles. "You should dye your hair like mine." 

"I shouldn't," I laugh as Jungkook sighs. I smack his exposed forehead making him groan. "Only you can rock hot pink hair, Jeon Jungkook." He chuckled.

I wouldn't really mind hearing that chuckle in the future.

||

(UNEDITED)

HELLO HEHE I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER, I HONESTLY REALLY DID :) SO SIMPLE AND CUTE. 

Where do you think they'll lie in each other's future?

Thanks for reading!