Chapter 18

[Reader's POV]

Both Jungkook and I run out into the streets of Seoul, cars zooming past in front of us, people laughing and talking. I usher Jungkook and I over to a bench for him to put his shoes on, luckily there are tons of people out tonight and for them to find us will take a miracle.

Jungkook sat down as I kept watch. I could see the body guards emerge from the dark alley and look around for us, fortunate for us they weren't able to see us. I glance away for a second to look at Jungkook.

"They came looking for us," I said, Jungkook stopped tying his shoe to look at me with a shocked expression. "My guess is when I left they arrived shortly after and broke in to find us, unfortunately they didn't find us but they found Yoongi and Jin." I explained.

"Are they back there?" He asked pointing towards the alley. I nod. "For fucks sake," He said underneath his breath. "Look I know a way in towards the back but we have to be sly about it, we can't let those guys find us."

I nodded my head once more. "I saw a shop over there with masks and caps, put your hood up and follow me." Jungkook does as told and we make our way over to the small shop.

After buying the caps and masks Jungkook and I headed towards the back where there was a supposed entrance. Jungkook points up to the window. "That's my step dads office right there and more to the left is the bathroom, we're going to sneak up into the bathroom and go into his office." He explained.

I show a face of disgust. "What if he's in the bathroom?" I asked. Jungkook raised an eyebrow.

"Your friends are in danger and your more worried about breaking in while he's taking a leak?" He asked. I purse my lips and drag my foot across the ground.

"Well when you put it that way..." I mumble. Jungkook groaned. "Look I understand where you're coming from but I don't see how we're going to get it, there aren't any stairs and I sure don't see a ladder." 

Jungkook knew I right by the way he began to breathe. Heavy. He was starting to get frustrated with the situation. Things are going the way he planned, he has to worry about his friends getting hurt and now he has no other way of getting into the building.

"Jungkook-" I grip his shoulders firmly. "I need you to take a few deep breaths, we'll figure out another way in." I reassure him. Jungkook closes his eyes and takes a few deep breaths, his breathing going back down to a regular one.

I let go of his shoulders and look around, my eyes landing on a man who seemed to have putting lights up on a tree. "Y/n, we can- Where are you going!?" Jungkook yelled as I ran off towards the man.

It probably wasn't the best idea for me to run off alone when two bodyguards, possibly more, are out looking for us at this exact moment. But I saw an opportunity and decided to take it.

"Excuse me sir!" I yell to the man. He stopped what he was doing and looked down at me with a smile. "May I borrow your ladder? My friend locked himself out of his place and we need to get up to the top floor in order for us to get in." I explained.

The kind man so graciously climbed off of his ladder and handed it to me, Jungkook running over to help me carry it. "You're just full of ideas tonight aren't you, brat?" He asked with a smug look on his face.

I rolled my eyes as I placed the ladder against the tall building, the ladder just barely reaching the window. "I don't see you making any progress in this situation, you went right at the staircase which tells me you have no sense of direction, you got frustrated when we couldn't find a way in AND you ran out in the cold, snowy weather with socks! You're a mess!"

I could see Jungkook roll his eyes underneath his cap. "Just shut up and get into the bathroom." He said holding onto the ladder in order to keep it steady.

As I climbed the ladder I was able to get a better view of the town, a few bodyguards standing out to me. Not only were the two that were after us close, but now about six more guards had decided to venture out to find us.

One of them being too close for comfort.

I kick the ladder to get the boys attention, once catching it I jerk my head to the side, giving a sign that someone was near and we had to be quick.

Jungkook nodded his head, using his hand to let me know I needed to hurry. I climb up a few more steps, reaching the window. I fiddle around with it for a bit before getting tired of nothing happening.

Well, this could go two ways, I could kick the window and break it, making an entrance for both Jungkook and I or I could kick it, lose balance before falling to my death.

Might as well give it a shot.

I put as much power as I could into the one kick, knocking out the entire frame of the window all while keeping a good amount of balance on the ladder.

We were in.

||

(UNEDITED)

I want to finish this book so bad but its getting laTE

Thanks for reading!