Vkook - Royalty (angst;fluff)

❁ ════ ❃•❃ ════ ❁

The hall was huge - black marble floor, heavy purple velvet curtains draped over enormous square windows and the two chandeliers - each as heavy as a small house - were lighting the whole space in soft golden glow, their many crystals shiny and inviting to be stolen.

And there, under one of the chandeliers, stood Taehyung.

His pink mullet styled neatly, blue eyes scanning the hall and delicate hands folded in front of his chest. You'd think 'Damn, such a royalty look and behavior', but hold up.

Taehyung was scanning the room for his parents - the King and the Queen. Why? Because he had eaten a spicy dish which his mother kindly told him not to.

To his luck, the blue haired royal chef was quick to run - elegantly of course - and bring the young prince a glass of milk.

Taehyung drank the whole thing in mere seconds, then sighed and smiled."Thanks Jiminie. You're a life saver, as always."

The royal chef bowed his head."Of course, your majesty."

But Taehyung was Jimin's closest friend and as such, saw the small pain in his eyes.

The young prince followed where Jimin's eyes were locked onto and saw it - King Yoongi with his Queen.

But it was a facade - Yoongi's eyes were sadly looking at Jimin, as if speaking more than a person can imagine. It was clear that the recent marriage  split up a secret relationship, one full of quiet night walks, stolen glances and moans kept in secret by the maids in Yoongi's castle.

Taehyung loved his country but hated this particular law - at the age of 20, you are forced to marry your sibling, in order to keep the bloodline in charge of the throne.

So, that's how Yoongi was forced to marry his sister and Taehyung was about to marry his younger brother. Of course, there had to be a royal child to take over the throne and luckily Taehyung's - not straight at all - self was saved by his cousin, who had given birth to two children. In any homosexual royal marriage in the kingdom, the cousins of the princes and princesses were to give children to rule.

So, back to that boring night.

It was the 30th of December and Taehyung had to smile because it was his birthday.
However, how could he, when he was about to marry his younger brother, whom he had seen years ago.

Sighing in defeat when he saw his mother approaching with that - you better not mess this up - smile, Taehyung straightened his posture and smiled politely."Good evening mother."

The Queen greeted back and then looked behind her."Meet-ugh where is he?", the woman groaned and turned to Taehyung."Your brother is a nuisance! Go and find him because he ran out!"

And the prince nodded quickly before - not so delicately - sprinting out of the hall and chasing his brother.

Jeongguk was 15 when Taehyung last saw him. Then the boys' father had told he needs to travel across the country to lead his army, so Jeongguk had no choice but to follow.

Taehyung, running outside, hastily tried to recall the image - black hair messy, brown doe eyes, slim figure, bunny teeth and a small button nose - of Jeongguk.