01 ✧ prologue

Itachi peered down as he held his little sister. He smiled as she slept peacefully without a care in their cruel world.

"As her older brother, Itachi, you must protect her from any harm." Mikoto softly said as she watched her two children interact.

"That goes for you too, Sasuke." Mikoto said as well. As she gently picked up the one year old that was fussing up.

(Y/n) stirred slightly before opening up her beautiful dark eyes. That were filled with innocence and curiosity.

Itachi smiled wider, as he looked at (y/n) whose little eyes were darting all around the room before landing on him.

Little giggles filled the room as (y/n) smiled and moved her little chubby arms. More giggles came out from the one year old Sasuke who was currently in his mother's arms.

"They must be communicating." Mikoto softly said out with a gently smile on her face. Listening to the soft giggles that came from both her youngest.

Footsteps were heard outside the room before the door was opened slowly. As Itachi looked up to see his father now entering the room. "How is she?" Fugaku sternly said, but softness was detected in his voice.

"She's wonderful." Mikoto replies back as she placed Sasuke down on the blanket. As she grabbed (y/n) gently out of her son's arms.

As she placed (y/n) into Fugaku's awaiting arms. A smile spreading on his usual stoic face. Itachi watched his father interact with his little sister before he turned his attention to his little brother.

Itachi went towards Sasuke before picking him up and cradling him. A soft smile on his face as he looked at the small child.

"She's beautiful like her mother." Fugaku said softly not to awaken the now sleeping baby. As he took a seat next to his wife.

(Y/n) stirred slightly once more as she opened her eyes. A little smile showing her gummy mouth. As she let out small cooes at the male holding her.

She smiled a second longer before she let out a small sneeze. Before erupting in giggles at the sudden noise.

Fugaku let out a deep chuckle at his youngest daughters antics as he held onto her. Mikoto smiled before touching the little tuffs of black hair coming from her head.

"Our little (y/n) Uchiha." Mikoto said as she watched her daughter cease her giggles before letting out a small yawn.

Blinking her eyes a couple of times (y/n) finally closed her tiny eyelids and fell into a peaceful sleep.

Itachi watched his sister fall asleep in their father's arms before looking down at Sasuke. Who also was falling asleep in his arms.

"Let's put both Sasuke and (y/n) to bed." Mikoto broke the silence as she headed towards Itachi and little Sasuke.

As she gently picked up the small boy and took him to his nursery. While Fugaku got up as well and placed (y/n) into her crib. Watching her for a few more seconds before walking out the room.

Itachi got up from his spot and walked towards his little sister's crib. Where she was peacefully sleeping in.

"I'll always be there to protect you and Sasuke." Itachi mumbled out as he smiled at (y/n)'s sudden smile in her sleep.

Before he gently as possible poked her little forehead noticing her scrunch up her face for a second before returning back to her peaceful state. Itachi let out a small chuckle at her action before he pulled his hand away from her.

"I love you (y/n). Sleep tight." Itachi softly said before getting out her room and closing the door gently.

Itachi felt pleased as he thought of his two little siblings. As he silently vowed that he would always protect them. No matter what the cost for their protection.

"Itachi is (y/n) sleeping?" His mother questioned as she stared at her oldest child. Itachi only nodded his small head at his mother who flashed a small smile before walking away from him.

The five year old Itachi stood in the hallway for a couple of seconds before heading towards his room. Before taking one last glance at Sasuke's and (y/n)'s rooms with a smile on his young face.