21 ✧ present

"I feel bad for everyone that doesn't have a Gaara. No not really that means I can keep him to myself."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Paperwork is so boring. How do you do this all day?" (Y/n) groaned, glaring at the papers on her desk as if they were going to come alive and attack her. Frowning, she turned her head to stare at her red headed friend who was ignoring her dramatic outburst. "Gaara pay attention to me." (Y/n) whined, silently thinking over why she ever thought being an assistant to the Kazekage was a good idea at the time.

"(Y/n) do your work. You'll have a break in a couple of hours." Gaara replied back without looking up from his own work. While he agreed that paperwork wasn't fun, it was needed to be done. (Y/n) sighed, picking up the paperwork again, squinting her dark orbs at it before her attention turned to stare at her sleeping sons in a sand playpen.

"You're not paying attention again (y/n)." Gaara chided, putting down his work to look at his friend who was avoiding his gaze. "I mean how can I pay attention when they're laying there so cute." She gushed, smiling brightly as she stared openly at her sons. She can now relate why parents always think their kids are the cutest. But they're wrong Daisuke and Nomi are.

"I still don't know how I feel about their sand playpen." She mused, having mixed feelings about it. While it was convenient and easy for her friend to make, she didn't exactly know if they would try to put it in they're mouths. Making her very hesitant about the whole playpen thing. It wouldn't have costed her anything to buy one.

"Is there something wrong with it?" Gaara asked confused, as he stared at the playpen made of sand. He didn't really think anything was wrong with it. Her children as well certainly didn't think anything was wrong with by the way they are now sleeping in it.

"Well it's made of sand. What if they try to put it in their mouths? (Y/n) contemplated before continuing, "I've learned that babies put everything in their mouths. And I mean everything." Gaara hummed, thinking it over and (y/n) did have a point. It wouldn't do them any good if the twins got sick because it meant that they had more backed up paper work. And he didn't need a stressed out mother near him.

"Should we buy them a regular playpen?" He asked, looking at a slightly shocked yet amused (y/n). "Why would you buy them it Gaara?" She questioned, smiling looking forward to hear his comment. It was honestly really sweet, most people wouldn't offer to buy someone else's kids something that expensive.

"Well if you're going to be bringing them often then they must have a suitable playpen." He explained, tilting his head in confusion at (y/n)'s small giggles. "You don't need to buy them anything Gaara. I can buy them their playpen." She giggled, it was sweet but he didn't need to buy them it. She could understand where he was coming from but she wouldn't let him spend unnecessary money on her.

"Are you sure?" Gaara questioned, he thought she would be happy at him offering to buy her something. "No I'm sure Gaara but it was really sweet and kind of you." (Y/n) offered him a smile, before returning back to her paperwork. Gaara slowly nodded his head, taking one last quick glance at his companion before continuing with his work.

_____

"We're finally free!" (Y/n) cheered, getting up from her chair and gently picking up both her now awake sons. Granted they weren't really free, she's just on her lunch break for the next hour. But (y/n) would gladly take any chance to get away from her paperwork. "Are you coming Gaara?" She questioned, adjusting both her sons as she waited for her response.

"I usually don't go out to eat for lunch but I'll make an exception." Gaara said, standing up and walking past (y/n) to open the door for her. The two walked side by side as they exited the building, (y/n) mostly following her red haired friend because she knew absolutely nothing about Suna. Especially where certain buildings were located.

"I'll have to walk around here to get used to Suna." (Y/n) quietly said to herself, not really finding it appealing to get lost in a foreign place even if she now lived here. "Did you say something?" (Y/n) just shook her head, continuing to follow her friend into a restaurant. The perfect time for Nomi to starting squirming in her hands, making her tighten her grip on her son.

"Do you need help?"

"Do you know you to hold a baby?

Gaara shook his head, he's never held a child before but it looked (y/n) needed some help. And if no one else would help her then the least he could do was help her. "No but it doesn't seem that hard." That was a strong enough answer for (y/n). Gently passing Nomi to him, readjusting Daisuke and helping Gaara get a better position with her now calm son in his arms.

(Y/n) quickly took in the new sight. And if she didn't fall in love and have babies already. She would have definitely been on love pursuit to have Gaara. "Gaara I now understand why your previous assistants tried to sleep with you." Her friend just rolled his eyes, both of them walking into the restaurant.

"But don't worry I would've too if hadn't sworn off all men."

"(Y/n) please be quiet."