07 ✧ present

"For the first time in my life, I felt at peace with myself and my little bundle of joy."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

(Y/n) hummed to herself, as she continued to knit a small baby blanket. Feeling at ease while she laid on her bed. Sasuke had left to finish the mission before they continued traveling. Insisting that (y/n) should stay in the room that they rented.

Which she was grateful for because her feet and back ache almost all the time. She finally realized all the respect she had for pregnant women.

Being pregnant was hard work but in the end it was worth it. She was now almost ending her third month, which she would soon be in her second trimester. Finally, getting rid of her morning sickness which was actually all the time.

But what has kicked in were her constant food cravings. Nothing to bad mostly all sorts of fruits well mostly strawberries. Her brother Sasuke has as well mentioned her mood swings.

But (y/n) thinks he's being ridiculous, it hasn't been that bad. She mostly gets emotional when she considers herself a burden.

Due to her not being able to help Sasuke with the missions and sometimes stopping them from traveling longer distances.

(Y/n) snapped out of her thoughts, when she finally completed the small baby blanket. Smiling at her handiwork and folded it before putting it besides her.

(Y/n) softly closed her onyx orbs, letting sleep try to consume her. Before her eyes snapped opened.

A sensation of fluttering erupted in her stomach. As her hand placed itself where the movement was.

"Are you kicking me?" (Y/n) questioned in awe, rubbing the area where the most movement was.

She giggle as the movement increased, signaling that her baby was most likely listening to her.

(Y/n) didn't want to know the gender of the baby. Preferring to keep her and the rest on the tip of their toes.

She would honestly prefer to have a baby boy because they seemed easier to handle but she wouldn't mind if she ended up with a baby girl.

"How are you little one?" She softly cooed, still gently rubbing her growing belly.

(Y/n) felt no more movement within her, smiling knowing that they had fallen back asleep.

"You might not have a father but you will have an uncle who will love you as his own. You will also have me your mother, I might know what to do at first but I will learn for you." (Y/n) softly said before continuing.

"I know at first I wasn't so happy about having you but now I can say that I love you with all my heart. I'll try to provide you with all you need."

(Y/n) wiped away the tears that had fallen, smiling brightly at the barely felt motion within her.

"I'm back (y/n)." Sasuke said, walking into the room and sat in the other bed besides her.

"How are you and the baby?" He questioned, taking off his sandals and cloak. (Y/n) just smiled, as she looked her older brother in the eyes.

"Well I felt the move for the first time and I finished the blanket." She nonchalantly said, laughing slightly at how her brother's eyes widened.

"Really?" Sasuke asked, staring at his sister's stomach. Wondering if they really had moved.

"Yes, really next time they move I'll let you feel." (Y/n) giggled out, staring at her brother who nodded contently.

"Are you hungry?" He questioned once more, mentally preparing himself to leave and buy food.

(Y/n) just groaned and shook her head, already knowing that he was about to worry about her. She knew he meant well but she could take care of herself a little longer.

"Do you at least know what your going to name the baby?" Sasuke finally asked, knowing it would get her thinking.

(Y/n) scrunched her face up, thinking for any names but couldn't find a decent one. Sasuke laughed quietly, successfully embarrassing (y/n), knowing that she had no clue what to name the next Uchiha.

"How about I think of the names if you let me." He asked, hoping that he would have the privilege to name his nephew or niece.

(Y/n) thought about, knowing that it would bother her brother if she pretended to think about it.

"I would like that Sasuke-nii." She softly said, feeling her eye lids get heavier.

"Go to sleep (y/n) while I go shower." Sasuke softly said, watching his little sister fall asleep. As he went to finish cleaning himself up.