31 ✧ present

"Family bonding time is the best. At least not for me it isn't."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Just act natural. You already have two kids, what's two more going to do." Naruto quietly mumbled to himself, while he sat anxiously on the sofa in (y/n)'s living room. While he already did have two kids back home and knew how to act and raise them. He still didn't know anything about the twins. But he could already tell that he loved them. Why wouldn't he they were his.

Naruto snapped out of his thoughts at the sudden presence of another in the room. The second little boy he encountered stared at him with his bright blue eyes curiously like he did the first time. The male then suddenly realized he didn't know the boy's name only knowing that the boy who opened the door earlier was called Daisuke. He was already failing at parenting.

"Who are you?" The boy chirped, tilting his head to the side examining the same yet new male. Before sauntering up to him, a toothy grin on his cherubic face. "I'm Nomi Uchiha." The boy introduced, while sticking his hand out to be shaken. Handshakes are what adults did all the time to other strangers and since Nomi didn't know this person then it was his job to befriend the new male.

With his own grin mirroring the boy's, Naruto introduced himself, "I'm Naruto Uzumaki. Nice to meet you Nomi." Extending his hand to shake the smaller hand, grinning brightly at the childish giggles that came from the boy. The male figured that it would be best to introduce himself by name first before he could say that he was their father. Surely (y/n) would want to explain everything first and besides the boys would trust her more than him.

"Why are you here anyways mister?" Nomi plopped on the ground in front of Naruto. Tongue sticking out in pure concentration as he slipped on his sandals without his mothers help. Before huffing out in pride as he got the first one on and turning his attention to the other sandal.

"I'm here to take you and your brother to breakfast. Oh, and your mom."

"Nice to know I'm still second." (Y/n)'s dry tone floated through the air. Walking into view with a little Daisuke trailing behind her fully dressed. The boy staying close to his mother as his onyx eyes kept looking at Naruto with a hint of caution. He didn't know the strange male that was now in their house and sitting by his brother.

"Nomi, we're not supposed to talk to strangers remember." Daisuke lightly reprimanded, pulling away from his mother to keep a closer eye on his brother. Checking over to see that his brother was fine before putting his gaze back on to the strange male who was grinning widely. Why was he smiling?

The grin on his face made a small pout appear on Daisuke's chubby features. He didn't know him so why was he smiling at him like he knew him? Was he some sort of weirdo like the ones his mother told them about? He must be because he was still smiling at them.

Finally slipping on his sandal, Nomi looked up at his older brother. "He's not a stranger anymore he told me his name." Nomi argued, looking between his brother and the male named Naruto. "Uncle Sasuke said that even if they tell us their names they're still strangers." Daisuke pointed out, hand latching onto Nomi's and pulled him up off the ground before lightly tugging him back to their mother.

(Y/n) couldn't help the small chuckle that escaped her mouth at her oldest sons reasoning. Sasuke was going to make the poor boy cautious towards anyone new if he kept telling him those sort of things. "It's okay Daisuke. Naruto's just an old acquaintance." The words tasted bitter coming out of her mouth, but it was still better than saying the blond was an old friend.

"Why is he here then?" Daisuke questioned, looking up at his mother. Quickly bursting out in joy Nomi shouted, "We're going out to eat breakfast with Naruto and mama. That means no cereal." Daisuke's dark eyes widened at the outburst. "No cereal today." He mumbled to himself, before smiling too in excitement.

"Cereal?" Naruto questioned in amusement, pushing himself off the couch and making his way to the door. Opening it slowly as the two small children rushed out. Blue eyes shining to look back at (y/n), who was clearly not as amused by the twins declaration.

"Mom mostly feeds us cereal for breakfast." Daisuke called out, while (y/n) felt horribly betrayed by her son and at the small chuckled that Naruto was letting out as well.

"Sometimes I feed them cereal because I'm in a rush to head to work so that I can earn money and take care of them." (Y/n) groaned, scowling at the blond who was still laughing. "That means we eat a lot of cereal." Nomi giggled, walking besides his brother.

(Y/n) watched the interactions between her sons and their father. While she locked the door to her house. It was nice to see that Daisuke was already warming up to Naruto. She couldn't help but feel it was almost as if they were an actual family. The thought was nice but it was fleeting. It wasn't real.

"Guess this means they won't be eating cereal today, huh (y/n)." Naruto lightly teased with a small smirk on his face. The female giving him a sarcastic smile before ushering him to lead the way.

"Oh, do you know of a good place around here? I don't know much of Suna." Naruto sheepishly asked.

"You invited us to breakfast but don't know any places Naruto." (Y/n) said in disbelief, she should've expected this.

"I didn't expect any of this and besides I didn't expect you to agree." Naruto defended himself, a small pout on his features. "Yeah, sure, just follow me I'll lead the way you dobe."

_______________________

If you're wondering why I did three updates today's it's because I'm making up for Monday and Tuesday. I have three weeks of summer vacation and my goal is to update this book everyday so that I can finish it to start working on the other books I have. Hopefully I can stay on track but no promises. Enjoy.