33 ✧ present

It's heartwarming to watch the three interact. Well, Daisuke needs a bit more time.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The outing had gone surprisingly well, the interactions between Naruto and her went more smoothly and natural. The cause more likely due to them talking everything out earlier and mostly apologizing for everything that was said the previous days, as well as the blond male owning up to his past mistakes. It had gone great.

(Y/n) had expected that their interactions would be more forced and awkward after everything said was done but it hadn't. It felt like if they had almost reverted back into their friendship stage before everything had gone complicated. The banter surrounding them was playful and light; it made (y/n) feel like she was just a kid all over again.

The boys also were affected by the easygoing mood, Nomi chattering most of the time to Naruto. Wanting to know every single detail about the blond male. While Daisuke was a little bit more reserved, sitting besides his mother but still keeping a close eye on his brother. Along with a small glare on the whiskered-faced male to make sure he didn't do anything wrong to his little brother. He had originally wanted to sit next to his brother but then he quickly realized that it had meant that his mother would sit next to the male.

The thought left a bitter taste in his mouth and quickly latched onto his mother, taking the seat besides her. (Y/n) was quick to observe her eldest sons actions, one part of her wanting to scold the child for being rude and glaring at someone but the other part of her fawning over at how protective he was over both his brother and her. (Y/n) settled with running her fingers through his ebony locks, getting her son's attention and giving him a look.

Daisuke caught onto the look and wiped away the glare he had on his face. He didn't want to get more in trouble if he continued on. Nomi on the other hand was having a great time, his little feet swinging back and forth on the chair. He made note of how grumpy his brother was, he didn't look more into it. Mom always said that Daisuke was a cuter version of Uncle Sasuke.

If Nomi had to make a guess, he figured it had to do something with Naruto. So he decided to be a good brother and keep most of the blond male's attention onto him and not on his brother. But his charm wouldn't last long enough until Naruto noticed the discomfort and large pout on Daisuke's cherubic face.

"Is everything alright Daisuke?" Naruto genuinely asked concerned about the young boy's wellbeing.

Daisuke only answered the question by pouting even further. His chubby cheeks heating up at the attention he was receiving. His onyx eyes looking up to glare at the blond male for making him feel embarrassed in front of everyone surrounding him. Luckily, he had Nomi to answer it for him.

"Aniki doesn't like you." Nomi bluntly said, peering up to look at the now devastated male and his shocked mother. His small hand coming up to cover his smile and to prevent giggles from escaping at both adults exasperated expressions.

With that said and done, the rest of breakfast was silent. The youngest twin innocently wondering if he had said something wrong. While (y/n) tried to give Naruto the best apologetic look she could muster but failed.

______

"He doesn't like me!" (Y/n) heard Naruto groan pitifully. Making her wince in the slightest way possible. She wondered if this was perhaps karma towards the blond male but doubted it.

She knew well enough that this was just the way Daisuke is. The poor boy hardly likes being around strangers but give him a male stranger it was even worse. The poor boy was relentless and made his point across that he didn't like them, which he seemed to being unconsciously doing to Naruto.

(Y/n) cleared her throat, "Just give him some time Naruto. It's been us three for awhile. He doesn't like when someone tries to bud into our dynamics. It feels wrong to him."

(Y/n) watched at how the male only threw his face into the palms of his hands. "It'll only get worse when we tell him I'm his father." Were the muffled words that escaped the blond's lips. And she forgot about that. It was probably best that they would have that discussion later on.

"I don't really know what to say to make you feel better but it'll take you sometime to bond with Daisuke." (Y/n) tried to comfort the discouraged male.

"How do you bond with someone who hates you?" Naruto loudly questioned, earning odd looks from people passing by them. As well as looks from their sons, Daisuke already cautiously looking at Naruto from his outburst. But Nomi had his hand intertwined with his brothers and it prevented Daisuke from coming towards them.

"Shut up, you're being too loud. And I don't know, do you what you did to persuade my brother to be friends with you." (Y/n) hissed out in annoyance.

Naruto frowned, "That took me too long." (Y/n) gave him a blank stare. "Well, no one told you to chase after the idiot but you did anyways."

"Is it me? Did I do something wrong?" Okay, this was starting to get annoying. She wondered silently if this is how the others felt when she got like this. They probably did, oh well. (Y/n) sighed, keeping an eye on her sons walking ahead of the two. The stop was towards the academy where she would then head straight to her work and tell all her gossip to Gaara. Who was very much involved with her personal life.

"It's the fact that you're a male. He finds you threatening even if he won't admit it." (Y/n) rolled her eyes at the long 'oh' that had came from the male.

"We're here!" Nomi shouted, trotting up to her, dragging his elder brother along with him. Both kids giving quick hugs to (y/n), in the stages of their lives that they refused to get a kiss from her in public. It was embarrassing on their end, to which (y/n) didn't mind. They were growing up but it didn't mean she wouldn't stop her loving advances towards them. They were adorable.

"Okay mom bye. We gotta find Shinki." Nomi said with a quick wave of his hand. Both brothers running inside the building. More likely on their way to find the little boy that was mentioned.

"Shinki, Gaara's adopted son?" Naruto questioned, blue eyes curiously looking at (y/n). (Y/n) only nodded, "Yeah, they're close to Shinki and Gaara."

Naruto had looked like he wanted to say more but was cut off by (y/n). "Look, I would want to talk more but I have to get to work. I'll see when we can have a further discussion about the boys. See you later Naruto." And with that (y/n) was off. Leaving the blond male behind.

_______________________

I'm trying. I'm trying. I'm trying.