-42- Fight; the Ending.

"Hey, Pierrot, why do you not like it?" Cross came up to the pink-haired boy

The moon was high in the sky, and the town only bustled in the bars. Visul and Takara were in the inn, but Cross stepped out to the ship still docked at the ship-breaking shore.

Pierrot sat down by it, on the sand, watchful.

"What, you saw that, Cross?" he laughed as if he was embarrassed, scratching the back of his head and looking away, "I was kinda being overdramatic, please forget it!"

Cross crouched down before him-- and stared at him in the face.

"Is that so?" he asked. His voice was cold.

He wasn't wearing his hood for once. Cross had kept his hood on most of the time in the ship journey, but perhaps this was the first time Pierrot could take a good look at Cross' face.

Cross had heterochromia, and Pierrot was never really bothered by it until now. 

Perhaps it was in the dim lighting, but the blue eye seemed to shine a little, gleaming a little brighter than the black one it was supposed to match. Perhaps again, it was simply the stark comparison in mystic blue and deep black.

"Yeah, that was all," Pierrot realized he hadn't responded to the question, "I was just sad that we have to part with the ship, that's all. I've calmed down now, so--"

"Is that so?" 

Cross' sudden repeat of the question was icy. Sharp, and almost threatening.

Pierrot swallowed, feeling pushed back.

"Yeah," he choked out the words, "yeah, it is."

Cross crossed his arms on his knees, leaning in, tilting his head aside slightly-- eyes fixating wide and stern on Pierrot-- he only asked again.

"Really?" his eyes narrowed, disappointed.

Pierrot leaned back, nervous now. If anything, he didn't like this feeling he was getting-- was it anger or was it sadness? it was empty and pushy, and he felt it in his heart.