-50- Reasons aren't Needed; Reasons are Needed.

"Thanks so much, miss," the man held Visul's hands in his-- "he was a soldier, a broken arm, a sealed gash down his shoulder blade-- "words cannot express how indebted I am to you

"Thanks so much, miss," the man held Visul's hands in his-- "he was a soldier, a broken arm, a sealed gash down his shoulder blade-- "words cannot express how indebted I am to you."

Visul was near tugging her own arm away at the unprecedented affection-- "It's-- nothing," she had to struggle to find the words, not accustomed to being thanked.

"You've really saved us," the nurse by their side bowed her head low, "although the power you have is strange, it has helped tremendously."

Visul shrank, unsure. 

She had brought the art out at the thought of helping the masses. To nurture and make it known as something useful-- but she was still surprised.

It was rare that people saw this not as a satanic witchcraft, but a blessing.

"Visul," Enma-- his red demon mask gone, he was nursing a wound to the gut. "You're worried about the boys, aren't you?"

Visul swung to him, startled. "You're supposed to stay down!"

"Grizzly's gone to give that Ensie a rough up. I don't know what your boys are planning, but they're better off sailing away from here now."

"We've been over that, sir," Visul seethed, clenching a fist. "We're helping, no matter what you say. I'm already doing all I can here--"

"Please, we just don't want you to get further involved!"

"We already are," Visul was quite adorably annoyed, puffing up her cheeks-- if she were Leer, her fur'd be bristling in hostility, "injured people like you can just act like an injured person and sleep or something!"

"Look, you guys are pirates!" Enma snapped fiercely, "we're in your debt-- we can't thank you enough. But we can't pay you back for this. We don't--"

"You're... a pirate?"

"Such a young girl?"

Visul flinched, feeling the animosity burn into unease around her. Now, people were feeling sour awareness of her. She didn't think they were scared of her now-- maybe they were alarmed?