Chapter 4

Drew to the top

Chapter 4

Let's have a little lesson on how vampires find their soulmates, shall we? Female vampires find theirs through sight; they have to see their soulmate. Male vampires find theirs through touch, they have to come in physical contact with their soulmate.

With that being said, as soon as I look at the couple that walked in, it's like the air is knocked out of me. The guy has piercing gray eyes and thick, dark brown hair. I scan every inch of his face before looking down to see his black shirt that showed off his muscles. Then I see an arm wrapped around his torso and I look at the girl attached to him.

Everything about her looks perfect. Her skin is dark and doesn't have a single imperfection in it. Her eyes are dark brown and are surrounded with thick eyelashes and perfectly shaped eyebrows. Her raven black hair looks silky to the touch and I grimace when comparing it to my own light brown dead strands of hair.

I look between the two and notice that they seem close with each other, which makes me feel sick to the stomach.

"Drew, you're back!" Maybelle happily exclaims with a huge smile, and my mouth drops open in shock.

This is Drew? As in Drew King, the eldest son and heir of the royal family? Did the fates really pair me up with someone who's in charge of seeing that my kind doesn't exist? One part of his job is to make sure that I don't exist! Suddenly I regret my decision to volunteer here.

"And you brought Karla," one of the twins adds, with a tight smile. I can tell that it's fake since his facial features look too tight.

Wait a minute, weren't they just talking about Karla and Drew dating? Oh my goodness can this situation get any worse?

"Well of course, why wouldn't he bring me, his girlfriend, with him?" Karla asks, flipping her hair over her shoulder. I don't miss how she looked pointedly at me when she emphasized that she was his girlfriend. I slowly stand up while keeping my eyes on her in case she tries anything with me.

"Cause no one likes you," I hear him mutter under his breath. I giggle a little at that comment and he looks back at me with a smirk so I quickly try to pass it off as a cough. I glare at Karla suspiciously before noticing that Drew is staring intently at me.

Did he maybe feel something towards me?

"Is she the new slave?" he asks, looking at me curiously. The look of indifference he's giving me makes me want to crawl under a hole but I force myself to keep up my neutral facade. I can cry later when I'm alone and away from them all.

"Yeah. She's gonna be the new hunter here," Maybelle replies, putting a hand on my shoulder making me flinch. She frowns and slowly takes her hand off while I think her words over. They want me to be a hunter?

That's going to be easy then. Hunting is something I know how to do. It's in my blood, I know how to hunt. I love to hunt. I did it all the time just to survive. At least I wouldn't be doing something too bad, like being a blood slave. I can just imagine what would happen if they have me working as a blood slave to them.

Drew scans me from head to toe before turning his attention to twin one, since the other twin is nowhere to be found. I wonder where he is. "Can she even hunt? She doesn't look like she can even lift a bow!" he exclaims, motioning towards me.

I force myself to not break at the tone he's using while talking about me. I can't let them know who or what I am. I can't let anyone know. I have to keep this facade up for...the rest of my life actually.