Chapter 10

Extra long chapter

Chapter 10

"That's impossible," the king scoffs, "no vampire in here would put their fangs near the dirty neck of a deer." I roll my eyes at the statement. Stupid rich jerks, do they really think they're too good to stick their fangs in dead animals? Have they ever tasted fresh blood before?

"But sir, that doesn't explain the fang marks on the deer," the guard argues with his eyes to the ground. "Maybe a prisoner escaped because a vampire definitely bit it."

The king nods his head thoughtfully and I see Drew roll his eyes. "That would imply that a prisoner got past our guards. Unless they have a death wish, I doubt it was a prisoner that did it."

"Then how would you explain it? Some other animal out there with missing teeth bit into the deer and drained it completely dry without ripping the meat?" he sarcastically replies, making my eyes widen at the boldness. He must be really good friends with Drew because there's no way he was going to get away with saying that to the prince.

"No one was in that stupid forest but that thing over there," Karla says, pointing towards me which makes everyone's eyes turn towards me. Thanks Karla. "And what's the point of worrying about it? Let it run around for a few, not like anyone here cares. Let's just let it go already," she whines.

"Such a lady," Maybelle mumbles under her breath, casting a glare at Karla. Everyone, including Drew, seems annoyed at Karla at the moment but they were trying hard to not make it obvious. Why would they try to mask their annoyance? Karla could really use a reality check anyways.

Everyone remains silent for a few moments. "Did you see anything out there, Sabrina?" Layton asks, making me purse my lips. Thanks Layton.

I debate on my answer. If I say no, then that will raise more suspicion. But if I say yes, then the outcome...will really still be the same. The only difference is that by saying yes I will have them more panicked.

"No," I reply, "I didn't see anyone." Technically that is true since I didn't see anyone. I can't even see myself so I'm not lying.

They all nod before turning towards the king. "We have to discuss this," he says, walking away with the queen. Drew makes a move to follow after them but Karla grabs his arm and pulls him into a kiss.

I'm not planning on sticking around long with that going on so I turn around and walk back towards my room, which technically is also Braydon's room. I walk inside to see Braydon removing his clothes, making me turn around immediately and slam into the door. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! I should have knocked or something!" I exclaim in a low voice so I don't attract too much attention.

I hear a low chuckling sound before I feel someone gently grab my arm and pull me further into the room. I peek down on the floor to make sure that I'm not touching Braydon anywhere and I see his shoes make their way towards the door to close it. Once I hear the door close, I watch his feet move somewhere else and I stiffen not knowing where he is. "Are you okay?" he asks, amusement lacing his voice.

"Y-yeah I'm fine. I just didn't expect you to be um changing or anything," I explain to him, trying to work the heat in my cheeks away. I only briefly saw his bare back before I shut my eyes. Let's just say that it's obvious that he treats his body well.

Ugh great, I can't believe I'm thinking that about one of my soulmate's guards. I know that he doesn't realize that we're soulmates yes but I don't want to use that as an excuse. That's still wrong. It still feels wrong anyways.

"I was talking about your head. You hit it pretty hard against the door," he says, before I feel him stepping closer to me. I take a hesitant step back since I'm not sure how close I am to his bed and he sighs. "I'm decent so you can open your eyes now."