Our Last Days - Part Two.

*

Many things happened in the next sixty minutes, a lot of it for which Clementine found herself barely cognizant, sat motionless in a state of shock for what had happened to Aasim.

It had been incredibly hard for her to process the many voices clashing with each other as they vyed for supremecy over the situation. Though it had been confusion that ultimately reigned. And with the confusion came accusations. Misinformed and of murder.

She collected only fragments of the altercation that had raged between them, briefly becoming physical as Lilly disabled Ryan, slamming the womans face into the water towers floor with a sickening crack.

The flashlight rolled away from her hand still illuminated, though the hue it now created was crimson in colour, bloodied and cracked much the same as the one Clementine had used to destroy Brodys face with. But Aasims was intact.

And it wouldn't be until his body was lifted carefully from its resting spot to the dawn breaking outside that it was noticeable the top of his head had buckled inward fatally. Likely from the repeated blows of the flashlight.

Ryan had squarked in protest at her detainment but her accent was hard to understand as it got considerably more agitated at the position she found herself in. Mashing Portuguese and English together in distress.

"Não! No! Por favor! I did not kill him!"

"Bitch you've got his blood all over you!" Lilly spat. Clementine had panicked at the mention of this, a shot of adrenaline burst through her body, springing her mind back to lucidity as she grabbed at various parts of herself, mainly her neck and head in search of the wound the now dried blood caking her face had spilled from.

In doing so her hand had been grabbed, but not in restaint like before. This felt different, and gentle. Familiar in its grip.

"Shh, Clem. It's okay. It's not yours." Violets voice came from her side. Clementine would have searched her face had she not been fixated on the events unfolding in front of her.

Minnie and Sophie were now trying to pry Lilly from her position on top of Ryan, who continued to cry out in pain at the formers persistent roughing up in search for an admission of guilt in the downfall of a boy who had gone to sleep in relative health.

"We- we need to get the blood off your face, Clem. Come on, we don't need to see this." Clementine felt herself be lifted to her feet and lead away then, out of the hatch and further astray, the vitriol waning from her earshot as the two reached the Allegheny River.

Violet placed Clem down, making sure she was steady enough in her position like a mother trying to properly sit up her young child. The she removed her own top and plunged it into the chilly waters, balling it up when it resurfaced in order to wring it out some.

Then she leant into Clementine and dabbed away at the blood bathing her traumatized features. Drawing it down her cheeks a little heavier when the same blood resisted removal. Then down her neck and slightly exposed collarbones.

"Are you okay, Clem?" Violet asked, utter concern in her words. Clementine was sure she was not okay. But there were more important needs she had than to be consoled.

"What happened?" She asked. Violet stuttered in her response.

"W-well, uh, you don't remember? I'm not sure we really know. I mean, I know what I saw when the light came on, b-but as far as what came before, I was hoping you could tell us." Clementine racked her brain, the memory evaded her in shards, nicking at her every time she tried to catch one.

"I'm not sure. I r-remember Brody. I think I was having a nightmare. Of being locked in the basement with her. I was fighting her off and- and then the flashlight came on. And it wasn't her anymore. It was Aasim. I think he attacked me. He was on top of me until I was able to kick him off" She said, recounting what she could as Violet listened intently.