Weakness

(Reader as narrator)

After a while of driving, we finally got closer to my neighborhood. Kira and Jessi were passed out in the back, whilst Chaeyoung and I have been giggling around, playing with each other's hands, and occasionally thumb wrestling. Her fingers were soft, and her touch was gentle. She still hasn't asked me anything yet, and it was driving me crazy. I couldn't help that I was so impatient, but can you blame me? A girl who kinda seems interested in me, wants to ask me something. It could honestly be about anything, but my mind keeps thinking it's a specific thing. I'm scared of what she wants to ask, but at the same time, I'm dying to know. Why is she making me wait so long?

We drove up to the front of my house. Josh's car parked exactly where he left it; peacefully near the sidewalk. As I turned off the engine, I heard a couple of loud yawns coming from the backseat. I checked the rear-view mirror, and saw Kira and Jessi waking up from their long nap. "How was your slumber, sleeping beauties?" I asked and they groaned simultaneously. Chaeyoung and I chuckled. We got out of the car, and started taking our things out of the trunk. I took my back pack, put it over my shoulder, whilst grabbing Chaeyoung's stuff as well. She smiled as I handed it to her, and she planted a kiss on my right cheek. I wonder if the others saw that happen. Would they say something? I don't know, but it didn't really matter. Chaeyoung walked with the others, but stopped, and looked back at me; waiting for me to catch up to her. She was so cute during the ride back home. We got to talk a lot about random stuff that happened to us in our lives. I found out that she has three best friends, that she misses a lot. I bet they miss her too. I can't even imagine what life would be like, if she were to move far away from me. I'd miss her like crazy. We held hands a lot during the ride and the butterflies that lived in my stomach, came alive again, the exact same way it did the first time I spoke to her. Our hands fit perfectly together, as if her hands were meant for me to hold. Maybe it was meant for me to hold. Maybe she's meant for me.

It was chilly out, which was strange, because a couple hours ago it was burning hot. The weather seems to be having mood swings. Chaeyoung was on my right, as we all walked towards the front door. She would purposely bump her arm into mine, causing me to temporarily lose balance, and I'd bump back into her, and we'd laugh. The others didn't seem to notice how close me and her have been. Maybe they know and don't feel the need to say anything. I know Jeremy and Josh know, but do Kira and Jessi know. Do they know, that I know they know? Do I know? Do they even know? I don't even know. I wonder if Chaeyoung told those two anything that happened between us. If she did, Kira and Jessi would be on my back about it. Suddenly, Chaeyoung's hand waved into my vision, with a soft voice saying my name, and giggling afterwards, as I snapped out of whatever trance I was in. Her smile was sweet. She scrunched up her nose, as her hand searched for mine. She got a hold of my index finger, and caressed her thumb on the back of it. I could feel my cheeks getting hot, so I looked down, and felt a smile cross my face, from ear to ear. She knew exactly how to make me smile. I could easily give in to her, as if she were my weakness.

As we walked closer towards the front door of my house, we were greeted by my parents who wore big smiles on both their faces. "Welcome back guys! How was it?" My mom said, sticking her arms out. Kira was the first to embrace her "It was so much fun! We should do it more often, but next time let's bring our families!" She said walking through my front door. I don't know if my mom would ever want to camp again, because of the last time we went. But maybe she'll change her mind. It's all about making new memories, and I think that's what they should do. I think it'll be good for them. My parents hugged and greeted the others, and my dad put his arm around Josh, asking him something about his car. What is it with men and cars? Me and Chaeyoung were the last ones to walk in, as I closed the door, I turned to her and grabbed her arm. She spun around quickly and giggled. I kissed her one last time, while the others weren't looking, and she returned the kiss. It was short, but definitely sweet.