As Long as You're Here

(Reader as narrator)

"So, I'll pick you up at seven?" I said, holding her hand. "Mhm, I'll see you then." Chaeyoung said with a smile on her face. She started walking towards her front door, but I haven't let go of her hand yet, so I pulled her in close and kissed her. I could feel her smile on my lips, and it made me smile, too. Why is she so damn cute?  I asked myself. "Go, your parents might worry about you." she said looking at me, with a twinkle in her eye. "I think they'll be fine. Something tells me, they know exactly where I am, right now." I said to her, and we both turned to face the house, and as if it was staged, they were both peeking out from the window. They saw us catch them, and immediately stuck their heads back inside. We laughed and a sudden silence washed over us. "I'll see you later, okay?" I said, kissing her forehead one last time, before letting go of her hand. "I'll see you later, cutie." she said, with a warm, and soft smile on her face. She walked towards her front door, and I waited until she got inside, to walk to the house. I locked my car doors with the keys in my hand, and as I walked towards the front door, mom and dad were standing at the entrance, waiting for me. "You two do make a lovely couple." mom blurted out. "You stole the words right out of my mouth, honey." dad followed playfully. I laughed, and shook my head. I walked through the door, right passed them, then took my shoes off before walking any further. I laughed to myself, "You guys are acting like teenagers." They closed the door shut, and mom stayed beside me, while dad walked into the living room. "I really like that Chaeyoung, (Y/N). She's such a sweetheart, and so pretty." She said, holding my shoulders, and planting a kiss on the back of my head. Her words made me smile, and the thought of Chaeyoung, made my heart feel warm. "Dinner will be ready soon, okay?" mom said, before I walked up the stairs. I turned around, and stepped into the kitchen, "Oh, um. I already have dinner plans with Chaeyoung, if that's okay. So, you two can go ahead and eat without me. Okay?" mom smiled, and nod her head. Such a simple gesture, but it was always so comforting. "Thanks, mom." and I made my way upstairs.

As I waited for the time to tick by, I kept my eyes locked onto my phone screen. Kira and Jessi have been texting me nonstop, asking about my dinner date plans with Chaeyoung tonight. They kept bombarding me with texts, so I decided to have a group call with them, just to make things easier for the two.

"(Y/N). Important question. What are you wearing tonight?" Kira, asked seriously. "This is crucial to first dates, (Y/N). You need to look your absolute best. To make a good first impression." Kira kept insisting. "Kira, are you forgetting that they've already spent the night with each other? Twice! Besides, this is Chaeyoung we're talking about here. She's already head over heels for her. A wardrobe change, won't change anything at all." Jessi said, reminding Kira. She's right. Chaeyoung won't think any different of me, if I were to dress like a complete slob, or if I dressed like I was going to a movie premiere. "Chaeyoung's not like that." Jessi added. She's right, again. She's not like that. "But guys..." Kira said, with a little whine to her voice. I cleared my throat, "Look, Kira. I know you're concerned, but this is  Chaeyoung. You have nothing to worry about, alright?" I said, before she could get her next "but" out. "I'll dress my best tonight, okay? I'll send you guys pictures and all that, sound good?" I said, just to reassure her and kind of get her off my back for the time being.

Once I got out of the shower, I looked at my clock. Thirty minutes to get ready, I'll be fine. Why was I so nervous? We've gone out before, what makes this time so different. Is it because she's actually mine now, and we're actually dating? Is that what makes things different? God, I hope I don't mess it up tonight. I started getting dressed, and put on a pair of black skinny-jeans, with a white long-sleeved turtle neck. I had my black leather jacket on the side, in case it gets cold out. And of course, can't forget about my favorite pair of black Chelsea boots.