One Kiss

(Park Chaeyoung as narrator)

After I shut the door behind me, I turned to see Alice with wide eyes running towards me. I immediately felt defensive as she held me while jumping up and down. "Oh my god! Chaeng! Was that what I think it was? Did my eyes really just see what happened out there?" I felt shy, and turned my face. She took my hand and dragged me to the living room. She jumped on the couch, and crossed her legs as she sat down. She looked really excited, even more than I thought she would be. She pat her hand on the couch cushion next to the one she was seated so comfortably on, gesturing for me to sit down as well, so I did. "Okay. Tell. Me. Everything!" She said joyfully.

As the hours passed, I had told her everything I could tell her. I've never seen Alice so happy before, and none of this was even happening to her. But it makes me happy to see she's happy for me. "So..." she said, her o lingering a bit. "You guys are an item then, right?" Of course, the question I don't exactly know how to answer. I shrugged hesitantly. Her eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean" she copied my shrug, but a little sarcastically. "I don't know, Alice. It feels like we're an item, but we haven't exactly..." I paused and took a deep breath "spoken about all of it, or any of it." She leaned her back against the arm rest behind her, and her smile slowly fade. "She's not just like, using you, right Chaeng?" She asked softly, not making eye contact, but she was staring at the necklace around my neck, that I had gotten as a gift for my birthday, it says "Rose." I immediately reassured her that (Y/N) wasn't like that. Even if I didn't exactly know her that well, but what everyone has told me, she could never be like that. I hope not. Alice's facial expression is different now, compared to how it was when we started this whole conversation. "Okay, whatever you say, Chaeng. Just be careful, alright? Don't fall in love too quickly." She said while getting up, she looked at me with a slight worried look in her eyes. "Because it'll be hard to get back up again, once you've fallen." She didn't say anything afterwards, but she started walking towards the staircase, leaving me alone in the quiet space of the living room.

That night, I sat in bed, and Alice's words kept playing in my head, over and over again. Is (Y/N) using me? No. She wouldn't, well at least I don't think she would. "She would never do that to me, right?" I said softly. I got up, and made my way to my bedroom window. I stared out, and noticed a dim light coming from (Y/N)'s room. A few seconds later, (Y/N)'s body appears at her window. I quickly ducked, so I wouldn't be seen. I wouldn't want to frighten her, if she accidentally turned and saw me staring at her. I raised my head, and peaked a little. She was shirtless. I felt my face get hot, and my jaw drop slightly. She was wearing a black and pink sports bra, and her body was well taken care of. I'm not one to stare at someone's bare body, but (Y/N)'s body was an exception. I stayed there a little longer, and witnessed her put four t-shirts on and then take it off. She finally kept the fifth one on; an oversized black t-shirt with some writing on the back. I couldn't read what it said, but the lettering was bright, perhaps white. Her lights turned off, which probably meant she's going to fall asleep soon.

I wonder how she's holding up. Her parents did hit her with some extremely big news. I hope she's okay, and that she sleeps well tonight. The more I thought of (Y/N), the more I thought of what Alice had said, and the more I think that (Y/N) would never do anything like that. She would never purposely hurt me. She's not that kind of person. I hope she's not. Oh, please. I really hope she's not.