final

Mira sat at her desk, a new notebook opened to the front page.

Initially she didn't know what to write about. At the same time, there was just so much to write about.

Colton.

A small smile graced her face then.

She could begin there.

But she could also begin with what brought her here.

To the now.

It'd been several years since everything took place. They were older now, still happy and in love.

Trouble always plagued them like in every relationship but they made it through each time.

Her smile evaporated as her mind raced to the times of the past.

It had been years but she still couldn't forget the painful memories etched deep into her mind.

Her hand began to shake as the events of practically her whole life rushed through her head.

It was hectic, but she had made it and she was still alive and breathing.

Head bent over book, she began to write tentatively. In a technological world, it was weird to go back to sitting down at a table with a book and a pen.

But it gave her a clear sense of mind.

She wasn't sure how she was going to start writing, but all the emotions, her story - she wanted to put it all down so she wouldn't be burdened anymore.

In the future, whenever she would come to take advantage of Colton...she'd be able to come back to this.

Her memories were permanent but this made it real.

It was on paper. The words would be in front of her, glaring up at her like both a nightmare and dream all balled up into one.

Mira smiled.

The person responsible for the change didn't even know the real impact of his presence in her life.

It seemed impossible to be this happy, though. She had once thought love was enough to fix everything.

But things had gotten so out of hand, it never seemed to be an option for her - it was too out of reach, too impossible and just not enough to help her.

She had loved but it never saved or fixed her. It only caused pain and heartbreak. It only seemed to break her or make her more vulnerable and fragile to the cruelty in the world.

Love was never enough for anyone, was what she had eventually trained herself to believe.

But it was.

And it eventually did help her in a way she really didn't think possible.

It wasn't like any of her books, it was painfully slow and unpredictable, but that was okay because that was life.

Reality was so much more different and...well, real, than the book world where every problem had a clear solution and where happy endings and love was just a kiss away.

Mira stopped writing and stared down at the page in front of her, teeth sinking into her bottom lip almost nervously.

She didn't want to doubt. She didn't want think about the 'what if's' or 'what next' anymore. She was happy and content with the now.

The confident, happy Mira was the now. It was all because of Colton who had somehow fell in love with the fragile, broken Mira and had encouraged her to love herself like he loved her.

And maybe love itself isn't enough to fulfil someone completely; but she had learnt from her time with him that it was enough for her. 

Colton was enough for her to be happy.

For her to move on from the painful past.

For her to truly understand the value of something she thought she knew before.

And even though he wasn't truly aware, it was all made possible because of him.

Love was made enough because of him.

Because he taught her how to love.