introduction

Mira had once believed for the longest time that love could fix everything. That the love between two people, families, or even friends was powerful enough to heal a broken soul.

For the longest time, she would shrug off every hurtful word, every nasty look given to her by people she didn't even know. Mira believed that by ignoring it, she would be given a reward in the future.

She believed that the reward would come in the form of love, which she would receive from her friends, family or even a boyfriend.

But it never happened. Only bad things came her way.

Her dad left them when she was young.

The people who she thought were her friends betrayed her and treated her like crap.

And there was no guy.

Mira was alone, forgotten and lost. She didn't give up, though, no. She was strong.

But just because she didn't give up on life didn't mean she hadn't given up on everything else. Happiness and love was only a dream to her, a dream that was too far away for her to ever reach.

Maybe she was being dramatic but she knew she had every right to be, what with everything she had to go through. She had begun to fall apart, being pushed away from everything she thought was her world. She had once thought her dad loved them but he had decided to leave her and her mum in the name of love.

He had said that he had to leave and let go because he loved her.

Oh, how he was wrong. It only caused pain and anger. Her mum showed her endless love to make up for it, but it didn't help. A small void in her heart appeared, one that no amount of love could heal.

The people who she had loved immensely and had claimed to be with her always and love her too lied and turned their backs on her.

And it was then that she had slowly come to realise that love wasn't genuine.

It wasn't enough.

It was never enough.

Not enough for her friends to stick around and definitely not enough for her dad to stick around.

Love didn't have the ability to save her or anyone. She had slowly come to understand that love only had the power to heal people in books and movies, not in real life.

This was reality.