(5) Less Talking. More Petting.

In the middle of Jason, Bree, Aiden and Marley's game of darts, the rest of the group filtered in.

Tristan and Brendan came back - both showing physical signs of what they had been doing before arriving, they're worse than her and Aiden - as well as Sarah with Kelly and Ryan. The two of them have been a little strained lately, Kelly's only explanation being that they butt heads on silly issues. Whatever that means.

Gabby and Ethan, too, who seems to get along with Ryan well, and is absolutely intimidated by being anywhere near Aiden. While Bree took her turn, Marley nudged Aiden with her elbow. He had his arm around her and was talking to Jason, but this was a deserving interruption.

"Did you threaten Ethan, Aiden?"

Jason snorted, earning a sharp glare from Aiden before he was running a hand through his hair. Marley watched his arm muscles move involuntarily, and was glad he was avoiding her gaze right now.

"I would-why would I do that, spitfire?"

She scoffed, "In some, back door, twisted, weird way of being protective of me, as usual. You did this with Ryan, too."

"And you appreciated it that time."

"I know Gabby. She wouldn't be this open with someone unreliable, and she wouldn't want me to intervene, either. She hasn't with us."

Aiden let her go to take his turn, "I vividly recall her threatening to force me to eat my dick for dinner if I broke your heart."

"I can second that I remember that too," Jason added, "It was hilarious."

"Not that," he paused to get the triple sixteen they needed, "the threat was necessary. Appreciated because she's your best friend and I like that she defends you, but not," he threw the last two darts at seventeen, "necessary."

Marley bit the inside of her cheek to hide her smile; Aiden could've gotten the triple seventeen and finished off the twenty or nineteen she's started, but knew she wanted to take some of the win herself. He's so cute.

Aiden handed Jason the darts, the digital scoreboard changing. Bree and Jason needed bulls, three twenty's, one fifteen and two seventeens. Marley and Aiden only needed bulls, the one nineteen and the one twenty.

Being on a team with Aiden Matthews, she knew a win was a sealed fate.

"Still, no more threatening everyone. If Gabby has a boyfriend, it's practically a given that he and I are close, too."

Aiden's eyes narrowed considerably, "How so?"

"You love that Ian and I are close. Gabby and I grew up together, we're practically sisters. We're going to be there for our future everything, you know? Like friendmergencies, maid of honour, all that."

She watched Aiden's expression change as he finally began to understand what she meant.

He sighed, "So telling him I'd break into his room, drag him out by the collar of his shirt and beat him up in front of his mom if he hurt Gabby was a bad idea?"

Marley's eyes widened, "You told him what?!"

Jason laughed loudly while Marley smacked him on the arm, "You better apologize to him, Aiden Matthews! I mean that!"

"Who'd he threaten now?" Tristan droned from behind Marley, while everyone else watched, unfazed.

Marley was flabbergasted at their nonchalant expressions, "He shouldn't be threatening anyone." she turned to lock eyes with Ethan, who was standing next to Gabby with a nervous expression, "And for the record, Ethan, Aiden will not be breaking into your house or doing anything to you in front of your mother. I'm sincerely sorry about his behaviour."