(59) I'll Burst In To Every Room As We Walk Off Into Blue Ball Sunset Together

Double update (58&59)

Thank you for reading ❤️

-

Marley bit the bullet.

Without hesitation, without giving herself the chance to back out, she ripped the elastic from her new hair, allowing it to tumble around her mid back in waves as she rammed the door open and shoved herself outside in front of the girls, her boyfriend, and Ian all waiting for her at the side of the mess hall.

They were chatting causally while Gabby typed on her cellphone and Aiden spoke with Ian. Marley stumbled out of the kitchen with her lower lip between her teeth, vibrating in place and twiddling her fingers, silently waiting for anyone to notice her presence.

"Holy fucking shit."

Gabby Collins doesn't swear, often, at least. But as her phone clattered to the ground, the curse words flew from her mouth with reckless abandon. Green eyes wide as they appraised her best friend.

All heads turned.

Silence.

Piercing, abrupt silence.

Marley held her hands up in a sheepish shrug motion, "Surprise?"

"Wow." Sarah marvelled, the first one to break as she strode up to Marley.

She took one of the pink strands, studying it with a growing smile. "If this is what happens when I call you boring I'll call you boring all day long."

Marley smiled nervously at the redhead, "You like it?" Referring to her ombré pink hair.

The colour blended seamlessly with her natural coffee brown, the ends of her hair a pastel pink. Eve's work was flawless, and the pink itself wasn't so dark and intense that it was tacky.

-

^ an aesthetic of what Marley's new hair colour looks like

-

It was different, creative and spontaneous.

"Like it?" Sarah scoffed, "It's awesome!"

Marley exhaled a shaky breath, her hazel eyes shooting to her boyfriend, said boyfriend who has told her before that he loves her natural hair. Not that his reaction would change her decision or have her scrambling to reverse the colour, but his opinion still mattered to her.

He was frozen in place like everyone else, blue eyes wide and lips parted as he scanned over her hair. She took a strand of it between her fingers, shifting on her feet as she twirled it, "What do you think?"

A few seconds and an elbow from Ian later, a dazzling grin stretched across his cheeks. Aiden strode to close their distance, eyes drinking her in hungrily. She dropped the strand he picked up, wrapping it around his finger while his other hand pulled her against him by the small of her back.