Chapter 1

^^ Sophia Diamond as Olivia Devin^^

~~~~

Olivia got out of the car first and waited for me. I was still hesitant but Mr. Devin's warm smile made me less self conscious. He had insisted on driving us to school as he "couldn't miss this magical moment". He was like a father figure to me and a great mentor.

I smiled back and thanked him and got out of the car. 

"Finally," Olivia groaned impatiently. She was more interested in straightening her red dress. It looked absolutely beautiful on her and perfectly brought out her gifted curves. I was wearing a silver knee-length dress which was decorated with intricate embroidery.

We walked up to the entrance holding each other's hand where we were greeted by our dates. Jamie was wearing a red bow tie to match Olivia's dress. Jackie was wearing a silver tie to go with my dress. He looked quite good with his immaculate hair and boyish grin.

"You look amazing," Jackie complimented.

"Thank you." I smiled. "You look good as well."

I caught Olivia flashing me a familiar smile and rolled my eyes in response. I pulled Jackie into the gym with me, before he could notice the signal Olivia was sending. 

The prom committee had done a quite decent job. The walls were designed with styrofoam stars and the stage was already set up for the band. The dance floor was illuminated with not too fluorescent blue lights while the DJ played Roses by The Chainsmokers.

"Shall we dance?" I politely asked Jackie who seemed to be a little distracted.

"Yeah, sure," he replied, shaking his head. 

He took my arm in his and led us to the dance floor. He gently placed his hands on my waist and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. We swayed to the music and hummed along.

Not long after, Olivia and Jamie joined us. This time, Olivia's smirks did not go unnoticed my Jackie.

"What's up with her?" he asked quietly.

"She still thinks you like me," I answered in defeat.

"From seventh grade?" He laughed and shook his head at Olivia, who instantly looked away in embarrassment.

"She's a bit crazy is all." I motioned towards my coward of a friend who was now hiding from our stares. Jackie agreed and flashed me another one of his signature smiles.

~~~~

Jackie led us towards the almost empty bleachers with his hand rested on the small of my back. Normally anyone would be flustered just by being near him, but I felt no attraction towards him. We were friends, that's all.

"What are your plans after high school?" he casually asked as he sat down beside me on the bleacher.

"Not much, to be honest," I answered. "I want to go to Mafa and after finishing college I want to settle in France. Probably open a small art institution there, I guess?"

"That doesn't seem 'not much' to me." 

"What about you?" I leaned on one hand.

"I want to go to Harvard."

"Damn son!" I exclaimed making him chuckle.

Suddenly my phone went off, interrupting our conversation. I excused myself and picked up the call.