Chapter 5: Hot & Cold

The Creator: THERE IS AN IMPORTANT INFORMATION AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER. PLEASE READ IT.

Chapter 5

              The Principal came in the middle of the heated conversation between Rachel and I and he was pissed as hell. He demanded for Aaron and Blake to be in his office and he told everyone else to get back to class. Rachel left with her girls and I was left alone, with no idea where my next class was. I cursed inwardly.

Just great.

I was soaking wet and my nipples were protruding through my shirt. There was absolutely no way I could go through the full day looking like this.

The hallways were empty. The squeaking of my sneakers were the only sound that could be heard on the ground floor. I was pondering on everything that just occurred, it was all so overwhelming. I've managed to gather how many enemies now?

I shook my head at myself.

I should behave better.

I couldn't let her walk over me though, I thought disdainfully. Ahead of me, there was a girl who was getting somethings from her locker. I walked faster, she was my only hope in getting to my next class at this point.

"Hi." I said once I made it to where she was.

She shut her locker and sized me up. "...hi." She replied, giving me a look that said 'why are you talking to me?'

"I'm having English right now and I..." I realized that my bag, which contained all of my books, my phone and even my schedule–which I tucked back in one of the many pockets of my bag after Rachel took a look at it–was deep in the floors of the swimming pool. "Jesus Christ!"

She was taken back by my exclamation. "All my things are gone." I said angrily. A sound of frustration left my lips and I groaned.

The girl cocked her head to the side. "What things?" She inquired.

I looked back at her. I noted she had dark brown hair that could almost be mistaken for black, which was laced with red dye in some strands. She had numerous tattoo's lacing her right arm, three piercing dotted each ear, and a tattoo of a Cupid's bow and arrow rested on the crook of her neck.

She looked dangerous to put it short.

"Nevermind. It's Mr Garfield's class." I said to her, tucking my anger in a corner. There were other pressing matters at hand. Like what I was going to do about my wet clothes.

         "Are you seriously going to go around the school looking like that?" Her eyes lingered on my hardened buds, due to how cool the air was, pointedly.

I folded my arms defensively, looking away from her I said, "Do I have a choice?"

She pursed her red coated lips. "There's a lost and found. I'm sure you can get some decent things from there."

My ears perked up at the idea.

"Yes please!"

                     I had gotten a pair of oversized trousers and a plain faded green oversized T-shirt. I couldn't find trousers that fit my waist size, so this would have to do. Scarlett told me I had failed to introduce myself and I realized she was right, after I told her my name she told me hers as well.

"We are so late for class now," she mumbled, checking her watch. "Let's just ditch."

"I can't 'just ditch'" I said, slightly irritated. "I just got here, that would leave a bad impression."

She rolled her eyes but never uttered a word.

"Here we are, the English class." She said to me. We stood in front of a brown door. I could faintly hear the muffled voice of a man from the inside. "I'm definitely not going in, Garfield can be such an ass."

"Do you have a free note that you can borrow me? I will give you a new one in break time." She searched in her bag and brought out a note and a pencil for me. I was so grateful. I thanked her with a smile. "So you're even having this class now as well?"

"Well yeah." She shrugged. "But Garfield don't like tardiness and I'm not willing to be at the receiving end of his wrath."

I laughed. Surely he couldn't be that bad.

She grinned, waving as she walked off.

Wish a deep breath, I pushed the door open. The teachings stopped and all eyes were on me. The teacher was a short man with a head full of dark curl and a funny mustache on his face. His white button up shirt was straining against his beer belly. The look on his face when I entered could spoil canned food.

"Why are you late to my class?" He snarled.

I lost my tongue, my eyes expanding in size.

"Well?" He pressed on.

"I'm a new student. I had a hard time finding this class..." I said lowly.

He stared at me for a moment before he nodded slowly. "I'm Mr Garfield, your English teacher. You're welcome to Empires Highschool. Because you're new, I'll let this slide but I do not tolerate lateness to my classes. You must be here on time."

I stiffly nodded.

He observed me for sometime before he motioned for me to have a seat. Thank God, I thought, relieved. I scanned around the classroom for a vacant seat and I saw a few littered around. In the midst of all the students, I spotted purple hair.

Thank you Jesus,

I rejoiced over the fact that there was an empty seat beside Violet. I walked over hastily and took a seat. She turned to me slightly and gave me a friendly wave which I returned. For the entire class, I paid absolutely no attention whatsoever, my mind was occupied with a certain pair of pale brown orbs.

****

With no idea what I had next, I had no choice but to skip my next class and go over to the Principal for another copy of my schedule. I didn't want to tell him how I lost it, instead, when he asked, I told him I accidentally misplaced it.

He asked his secretary to print another copy for me and told me to be a good girl to keep good company. I left his office with a smile on my face which quickly wiped off when I saw a pair of bright blue eyes staring directly at me.

Hey there, it is I, the Creator.

How are you enjoying the festive season?

I want to let you all know about the edits that are going on in this novel. If you're an old reader, I appreciate you coming back and I'm sure you would've noticed the massive changes made in this book.

I've spent a year and more away from writing and publishing on Wattpad and now I'm back, hopefully, to stay. In the time of my absence I have tried rewriting I am Black over and over again and none of it's rewritten chapters feel right. I almost abandoned the book but I chose not to.

The chapters are undergoing severe changes and total editing from inside and out and so I hate to inform you that you cannot read further from this chapter, as the chapters to come have a completely different plot with different characters which will undoubtedly confuse you.

How will you know when chapter 6 will be ready? It's pretty easy.

I urge you to follow me, as I would be announcing when each chapter is ready on my page. I apologize for the inconveniences but bare with me please.

Know that I am always working on this book for it to come out in the best ways possible and your support will be greatly appreciated.

CHAPTER 6 is COMING SOON...!

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year.

Y:2021.21.

-Nicky N.